The CFO Survey Q3 2015
Momentum slows amid global uncertainty
In spite of financial uncertainty in the Eurozone and China, optimism appears to be gathering momentum for Australia’s CFOs.
Following consecutive quarters of strong increases in optimism, confidence appears to have plateaued among Australia’s CFOs.
What had been an encouraging positive trend in terms of greater CFO optimism since the beginning of 2015 – and following an ordinary 2014 – has slowed.
Local and global uncertainty hadn’t been particularly strong influences, but news regarding slower growth coming out of China, and its scale and relevance to Australia, now appears to be hitting a nerve.
This is in spite of the positive influences of record low interest rates and a more favourable exchange rate.
Explore the infographic and preview reports
- Confidence continues to build Q2 2015
- Optimism returns as dollar tumbles Q1 2015
- Risk aversion sets in Q4 2014
- Looking beyond the clouds Q3 2014
- Momentum hits a speed bump Q2 2014
- An appetite for growth Q1 2104
- Ready, steady....Q4 2013
- Don't worry, be happy Q3 2013