Deloitte's global goal to impact 50 million futures
As the Fourth Industrial Revolution unfolds, globally, millions of people have been left behind. WorldClass is an initiative launched by Deloitte’s global CEO Punit Renjen to link people with the opportunities they need to find meaningful work in the accelerated, digital, technology-driven economy.
The case for action is vast and compelling:
• 758 million adults are illiterate, two thirds of them women
• 198 million people are unemployed globally
• 59 million children are out of school
• 825 million people in low and middle-income countries will not achieve basic secondary skills by 2030
Deloitte Australia and WorldClass
Deloitte Australia has identified specific initiatives from our Responsible Business program that we will amplify and link directly to the WorldClass focus areas of education, skills and opportunity.
1. National Community Partnerships (Oxfam, Many Rivers and CanTeen). Case study: Deloitte and Oxfam
2. Our leading pro bono program (showing active citizenship by providing our skills to the community) Case study: Rice farmers in Cambodia
3. Social Leadership (mentor programs that connect and develop people in need). Case study: Deloitte-Oxfam peer mentoring program
Read more about how we make a WorldClass impact.
Through WorldClass we are activating our purpose to make an impact that matters. Working with our Deloitte colleagues, our goal is to prepare 50 million futures for a world of opportunity.
We know this is ambitious. But so are we.