Model financial statements has been saved
Model financial statements
Illustrative best practice guides to financial reporting
Our Australian financial reporting guide and illustrative model financial statements assist to develop financial statements that are transparent, clearly communicate financial performance and position, and to understand and comply with financial reporting requirements.
Financial statements: June 2020
Australian financial reporting guide
This edition of the Australian financial reporting guide summarises the key requirements for financial reports prepared for full and half year periods ending on 30 June 2020. This edition includes illustrative transitional disclosures required on adoption of AASB 16 Leases and includes extensive guidance on the impacts of COVID-19 on financial reporting.
Addendum to June 2020 Australian financial reporting guide – Not-for-profit illustrative disclosures
This publication provides not-for-profit specific illustrative disclosures on the adoption of the new standards for financial reporting periods ending on or after 30 June 2020. It is an addition to Note 2 in Section 10: Illustrative disclosures of the June 2020 Deloitte Australian financial reporting guide to include NFP specific considerations. It covers the adoption of AASB 15 and AASB 1058 for the various illustrative revenue streams and the illustrative disclosures for a concessionary lease measured under the cost option allowed under AASB 16.
These model financial statements (in conjunction with the Australian financial reporting guide) contain complete illustrative disclosures for companies preparing general purpose financial statements in full compliance with Australian Accounting Standards as at 30 June 2020. This version includes both Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Reduced Disclosure Requirements) reporting, with disclosures which can be omitted from Tier 2 reports being shaded.
Financial statements: June and December 2019
- December 2019 Australian financial reporting guide
- June 2019 Australian financial reporting guide
- December 2019 model financial statements
- December 2019 model half-year report
- December 2019 special purpose model financial statements
Financial statements: AASB proposals for a new ‘Tier 2’
These model financial statements illustrate how general purpose financial statements might be prepared under the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) proposals in ED 295 General Purpose Financial Statements – Simplified Disclosures for For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Tier 2 Entities (ED 295). There are two versions available:
- Model proposed simplified Tier 2 disclosures - comprehensive example
- Model proposed simplified Tier 2 disclosures - simple example
Financial statements: June and December 2018
- June 2018 Australian financial reporting guide
- December 2018 Australian financial reporting guide
- December 2018 model financial statement (Tier 1 and Tier 2 RDR)
- December 2018 model half-year report
- December 2018 special purpose model financial statements
- 30 June 2018 Model Managed Investment Scheme Annual Report