Frequently Asked Questions has been saved
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs on our Student programs
Have a question around one of our Student programs? Experiencing issues with your online test? Take a look at our FAQs below. You might just find the answer you're looking for!
What We Look For
We're interested in students with degrees in every discipline. We are particularly interested if you've got diverse experiences and are passionate about being part of a business which thrives on innovation, opportunity, collaboration and inclusion.
Key competencies assessed through our recruitment process include:
- Resilience and the ability to embrace change
- The ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Willingness to collaborate within a team
- Organisational skills
- Ability to analyse problems
- Communication skills.
- You are eligible for our Insider Program if you are a pre-penultimate year student
- You are eligible for the Vacation Program if you are in your penultimate year of study
- You are eligible for the Graduate Program if you are completing your studies or completed 24 months prior.
Please note: Due to the nature of our rolling recruitment drives, some roles will be filled before our applications close. Should this happen, you will be notified and we encourage you to apply to another opportunity.
Winter Vacation Program
Our Winter Vacation Program is currently offered exclusively in Canberra and Perth for students in their penultimate year at university.
Can I apply for more than one role?
We recommend that you apply for no more than 3 roles.
Chartered Accountants (CA) Program Eligibility
Some of our Business Units require you to be eligible at the end of your degree to enter the CA Program. Prior to applying for a role, please check the requirements of that Business Unit via the 'Your dashboard' or 'Business' tabs. We absolutely accept applications from candidates who are non-CA eligible - just make sure you apply for an area that is suitable to your background.
If are unsure if you are CA eligible, please visit CAANZ.
Insider Program Eligibility
Our Insider Program is only open to Australian, New Zealand citizens and Permanent Residents. If you are an international student, please refer to our Vacationer and Graduate Programs.
Insight Night Eligibility
International students are eligible to register, but are required to meet the following criteria stated in the "International
Students" section below.
You will not receive a confirmation email once you have clicked the “Submit” button on your application, but will
receive a notification once your application has been submitted.
Viewing your applications
You can view your job application(s) at any stage in the process by logging into your candidate profile. There, you can:
- Track the progress of your application(s)
- Update your resume, transcript and work rights, i.e. passport, visa, and English language proficiency result for international students.
Getting back to you after you have completed your application
After your application is received we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. We take time to review each
individual application, so please be patient.
If you have not heard back regarding your application, please log in to your candidate profile to:
- Ensure your application is complete
- Ensure you have attached your resume, transcript and work rights
- Ensure you have completed your testing within the allocated time frame (see below).
If you have followed the above steps and are yet to hear from us, we are still considering your application!
Feedback on your application
As a commitment to every person who applies for a role with us, you will receive a written or verbal notification as to the
success of your application. If you are yet to hear from us, we are still considering your application.
Online Test Assessment
When will I receive my online test?
If you are eligible for the role you have applied for, you will receive an email with a link to the online test within 24–48 hours of applying.
I have not received testing
- Has it been less than 48 hours? Please allow at least 48 hours to receive an email
- Ensure you are eligible for the role – if you are not eligible you will not be sent testing. Please note this also includes visa eligibility for certain business units.
My testing link has expired
- Have you clicked on the link to double check it still does not work?
- You will have a week to complete the test, however we recommend that you complete it within 48 hours of receiving the email. If for any reason you are unable to complete the test within the given time frame, please contact us with clear reasoning and we will assess on a case by case basis.
You will only need to do the test once
- If you have previously completed the assessment within the past 12 months, you will not be required to do the test again.
- If you apply for more than 1 role, you will receive a testing email for each role you have applied for, however you will only need to complete the test once
- If you receive multiple emails to complete the test, please click on the test link again. You will not be required to re-sit the test, but clicking on the link for every application will ensure that your application is moved onto the next stage. Once you have done so, you will receive a message thanking you for your completion.
- Ensure you are using Internet Explorer
- If you experience any further problems, please contact the help desk on the testing email you received.
Do you offer work experience placements for high school students?
Deloitte does not currently offer placements for students below university level. The first point to engage with our student programs is the Insider Program in your first year of university (if studying a 3 year course – you must be in your pre-penultimate year)
Can the vacationer program count as course credit towards my degree?
The Deloitte vacationer program can sometimes count as course credit if this has been pre-arranged through your university and the placement meets your institutions’ requirements. Please note we are unable to sign any external documentation from the university however you can request a statement of service to demonstrate the timings of your placement to your university.
I’m going on holiday during the process, what should I do?
We strongly recommend updating your voicemail with the dates you are out of the country so that we can leave you a message and keep your application in mind!
Deloitte Australia* accepts applications for our graduate and vacation programs from students who do not yet hold Australian permanent residence in our Consulting and Risk Advisory business units.
If you are in this category, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- You must currently reside lawfully in Australia
- You are currently studying or have studied a relevant degree
- You will have studied this degree for at least two years in Australia
- You will have completed an approved English Language test and prove that you have reached 'Proficient English' as set by the Department of Home Affairs. If you hold a passport from the UK, USA, Canada or the Republic of Ireland you are not required to provide evidence of English Language Proficiency (which is in line with immigration requirements)
- You agree to lodge an application immediately upon finishing your degree and prior to your start date with Deloitte for either the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485 - either the Graduate or Post-Study Work Stream) or the Subclass 189 Skilled - Independent if you do not already hold one of these visas.
Please note: Deloitte will be unable to provide any assistance in obtaining either the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) or the Subclass 189 Skilled - Independent Visa. You will be responsible for independently applying for and obtaining the relevant visa and this will be a condition of your employment.
Due to the changes announced by the Department of Home Affairs in July 2018 to the subclass 189 and the transition from the subclass 457 visa to the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa, Deloitte’s priority is the hiring of domestic graduate talent into our Audit & Assurance, Tax & Legal and Financial Advisory business units. Acceptance of international student applications in the above areas will be based on exception only.
See all our international locations.
* All Australian offices except Canberra, where Australian citizenship is required.
Join our student talent community
Be the first to hear about our Deloitte student opportunitiesDrop off your details!