In Risk Advisory we work closely with our clients to identify risks and opportunities, build mitigation or contingency plans and develop future strategies that directly impact their daily operations, ultimately leveraging risk to their advantage.
As a member of Risk Advisory, you'll be exposed to a mixture of short and longer-term client engagements. The variation between projects and solutions provides great opportunities to expand your network.
Ready to make your impact?
Explore current opportunities.
Join our Talent Network
Stay in touch to receive updates on future opportunities.
Where do you fit?
Risk Advisory is broken up into 11 distinct solutions, each of which require a unique set of expertise, including legal, accounting, actuarial, economics, workplace health and safety, project management and IT.
- If you’re someone with strengths in process design, new systems implementation and project management, Control Transformation could be your fit. You will work with organisations to streamline controls, taking into consideration the increasing or changing regulation and governance that the industry the organisation operates in will be subject to. Controls knowledge and analytics understanding will also be extremely important.
- Do you have audit skills? Internal Audit works with clients to review systems and operations to see how well risks are managed, working with them to ensure tight processes and controls are in place to mitigate risk.
- Governance, risk and compliance experience will make you well placed for our Risk Transformation product. Here you will assess the relative maturity of an organisation’s risk management and governance frameworks, and seek to make improvements.
- Our Forensic team looks for forensic accountants, actuaries, economics and people with experience in law enforcement as they seek to help companies react quickly and confidentially when they are faced with financial crimes, crises, fraud or misconduct.
- In looking at the effectiveness of control design and operation, from benchmarking reviews to specific assessments of controls, IT Assurance ensures the reliability, integrity and security of our clients key IT systems.
- With a legal background and strong negotiation skills, you can join our Contract Risk Compliance team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of large-scale contracts, working through complex legal documents to provide clients with successful resolutions.
- Crisis Management looks for staff with disaster recovery and business continuity experience, who can join them to assist clients in dealing with catastrophic incidents such as natural disasters or IT crashes, and how they can continue with business when these events occur.
- Financial services experience, particularly with anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption are particularly sought after in our Financial Crime team. You’ll be conducting regulatory compliance reviews and assessments, and working with organisations to protect their assets and reputation from both internal and external sources.
- Project Risk looks for staff with project management skills that included exposure to project governance. Using these skills you will help prevent large-scale project failure by identifying potential risks in project plans.
- Technology architecture, security management and information protection experience fit with the Cyber Risk Services team. Here you’ll provide deep customised insights, strategies, remediation and training to ensure clients can protect the resilience of critical infrastructure or security implications across digital, cloud, mobility, social and cyber spaces. Check out our Women in Cyber campaign to hear from some of the people in our Cyber practice.
- Workplace Health and Safety looks for WH&S auditors and professionals. In this team you’ll work with clients to ensure that companies are meeting their work, health & safety obligations while ensuring adequate processes, policies and systems are in place and that a positive safety culture is integrated and adopted.
Your path to us
Discover: Our people & culture
We’re inspired individuals from all walks of life.
We’re a team of individuals, bringing different backgrounds and points of view to work every day. This is the secret of our success.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
We are fortunate to have a wonderfully diverse team at Deloitte, and it is important we continue to celebrate and harness the power of our diverse skills, attributes, experiences, and backgrounds.
Our purpose to make an impact that matters extends beyond our Firm, to contribute to driving change in society for inclusion and belonging for everyone.
Discover: Making an impact
Go further based on your own specialities, interests and experience.
At Deloitte, our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte Australia is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Today's environment of accelerating change requires creative problem-solving generated by the fusion of different disciplines. Deloitte’s multi-dimensional approach addresses the breadth of perspective needed to deliver breakthrough solutions. We connect the talents of more than 310,000 professionals and our IP and technology alliances–collaborating to drive impact.
Discover: Flexible ways of working
Providing all our people with access to flexible ways of working.
At Deloitte, we have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, the Deloitte Experience (DX) empowers our people to make choices about where they work based on their client, team and individual needs and how they connect with their clients and each other.
Our market-leading flexible work policy now includes 12 flexible working options, including wellbeing days, cultural leave, and allowing our people to shape their working day outside of the traditional 9-to-5!
Check out the video from the launch of our new DX and what this means for all of us at Deloitte Australia.
You can learn more about our flexibility at Deloitte through our Deloitte Experience (DX) here.
Discover: Limitless opportunities
Be part of a truly global firm where you can accelerate your future.
At Deloitte, we’re on the lookout for inspired people from all walks of life.
Once you’re here, we won’t determine your path. Your experience is unique – and your career should be too. Go further based on your own specialities, interests and experience.
We’ll help you reach your potential with differentiated learning experiences that you can follow at your own pace. With access to meaningful projects and networks of experts, you’ll learn more while putting your experience to work.
See your talents applied to the fastest growing and most complex region in the world, as you work to make an impact across Asia Pacific. We’ll connect you to projects that cross borders and the status quo while you collaborate with exceptional minds across the region.
You’ll stay ahead too, with access to industry-leading professional development programs that pull from the best in global experiences. We’ll help you along your career journey, no matter what form it takes.