Australian Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure (THL) Risk Outlook 2015
Managing and leveraging risk provides a critical business edge
In today’s shifting global risk landscape, where new technologies and regulations complicate the risk agenda, the ability to manage and leverage risk provides a critical business and competitive edge. How are Australian travel industry players advancing their approaches to risk management and identifying ways to turn risk into opportunity?
Highlighting key issues helps define the questions to ask in the following areas:
- Innovation risk—is disruption coming your way?
- Competition risk—how are you improving your game in the face of rising competition?
- Technology risk—are you leveraging for a competitive edge or playing catch up?
- Geopolitical risk—how do geopolitical risks impact your business?
- Regulatory risk—will you get caught out or caught in red tape?
- Customer risk—how will you deliver an ‘out-of-this world’ customer experience?
- Economic risk—what global and local market forces are coming your way?
- Reputation—are you adequately protecting your brand?