Rural R&D for Profit program: $100m in research funding | Deloitte Australia | Consumer Business, Agribusiness has been added to your bookmarks.
The main points of the Program are as follows:
- Guidelines about the program will be released this year which will include details on research priorities for the first round of funding
- Generally, proposed research must be practical, accessible to primary producers, and aimed at lifting farm productivity and profitability
- In assessing applications, the program will seek a balance between R&D needs in the areas of production, natural resource pressures and driving better returns.
Funds from the Rural R&D for Profit initiative will be disbursed to Rural Research and Development Corporations (RDCs) who partner with researchers, producers, and other funding sources.
RDCs exist across 15 agriculture, fishery and forestry industries to facilitate and fund practical research into improvements to primary production or processing activities that benefit the industry and improve Australia’s competitiveness and sustainability. They include:
- Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Wool Innovation Pty Limited
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- Dairy Australia Limited
- Fisheries Research and Development Corporation
- Forests and Wood Products Australia
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation
- Sugar Research and Development Corporation
- Grape and Wine Research and Development Corporation
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Horticulture Australia Limited
- The Australian Livestock Export Corporation Ltd (LiveCorp)