Macroeconomic policy and forecasting
Planning for a better future
Economic forecasting, modelling analysis and advisory services are combined to assist clients determine the impact of changes to economic policy and the macroeconomic outlook on their business, industry and region.
How we can help our clients
For decades the team has produced reliable and accurate forecasts for government and non-government clients, who value the rigorous quantitative analysis that supports the economic advice we deliver.
Economic modelling forms the backbone for most of our work, including policy advice, research and analysis, or generating specific forecasts for our clients. We maintain a number of proprietary in-house economic models, which are supplemented by a wide range of specialised models tailored for individual client needs. Economic modelling allows clients to understand the complex economic interactions that result from change in policy or the business and economic environment and to keep abreast of the key drivers that affect their business.
Our services include:
- Real estate, property and construction forecasts
- Forecasts relating to wages, prices and costs of materials
- Demographic modelling and forecasting, including at the detailed regional level
- Workforce planning, including expected demand for and supply of skilled labour
- Long-term demand forecasting to support infrastructure transactions
- Detailed projections of components of consumer spending
- Government taxation revenue and expenditure modelling and forecasts
- Detailed policy simulation, and federal budget and policy submissions
- Superannuation and aged care modelling
- Impact assessments of new policies and program evaluations
- Statistical and econometric modelling
- Social impact assessments
- Expert witness reporting
- Presentation and guest speaker appearances.
The macroeconomic team produces five industry leading subscription publications:
- Business Outlook
- Retail Forecasts
- Budget Outlook
- Investment Monitor
- Employment Forecasts
These are indispensable resources to support planning, decision making and forecasting.
The current and future state of Victoria
A macro perspective
Commissioned by Infrastructure Victoria this report discusses the drivers of infrastructure demand for Victoria’s society, economy and environment.