Your home for big picture thinking and practical guidance
Deloitte’s approach to Finance in a Digital World gives our clients the big picture direction, combined with the practical guidance and expertise to help them navigate the right digital moves. In the modern business landscape, there is no final destination. Instead, there is sudden disruption and a need for constant evolution.
Now is the time to act. Whether you are responding to the immediate COVID-19 crisis to manage business continuity, commencing your recovery plan to lead and emerge stronger and/or preparing for how you will reinvent yourself to thrive coming out the other side, now is the time to reach out and make it happen.
How are the digital disruptors and the current COVID-19 crisis impacting Finance and how can they respond?
- Explore the mega trends impacting your sector, organisation and the Finance
- Unpack what and how Cloud, In-Memory, Visualisation, Advanced Analytics, Automation, AI, Distributed Ledgers, IoT, Cyber, New Ways of Working and Talent is changing the role of Finance and Enterprise Performance
- Learn about what other organisations are doing, what leading practices look like, and the many varied ways progress is being made
- Explore in a highly visual and interactive way the Art of the Possible and what this could mean for your organisation and team
Contact: Matthew Pieroni
Who are the Stakeholders of Finance and what are their needs, today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow?
In these new times of shorter cycles, ever changing needs and new ways of engagement, its never been more important to understand who you are stakeholders are, what they need today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow to ensure you are delivering on the highest priority needs of your stakeholders both now and into the future.
Take a deep exploration into the world and needs of the vast stakeholders Finance serves both within your organisation and outside of it, so you can understand the:
- Different stakeholder segments that exist
- The Persona’s of each stakeholder and what drives them
- The Customer Journey’s and “moments that matter” for each stakeholder and where and how they need / use key outputs from Finance
- Stakeholder needs analysis for today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow
- Define your stakeholder strategy to meet the priority needs of your key stakeholders
Contact: Stephen Gustafson
What is the purpose and strategy of your Finance Function?
- Step back for a moment, and with consideration of the environment you are operating in and the priority needs of your stakeholders, determine and state what’s the north star for you and your Finance Function. State your purpose and intent and communicate it widely to your stakeholders
- Work through your strategic choices around where the Finance Function will play, and how they will win
- Articulate the values and behaviours that guide your team, and bring them to life in each and every interaction
- Construct the operating model and service delivery model across the dimensions of Work, Worker and Workplace to enable your purpose and strategy to come to life including GBS, SS and Outsourcing
Contact: Paul Wensor
What work products and services will you need to provide? How will it get done?
Delve into the current performance or design the Work of the CFO and Finance Function based on the needs of Finance’s stakeholders including the service catalogue and work outcomes, SLAs, Performance Targets, Process and Policy optimisation and effort / cost across:
- Management Reporting & Analysis
- Operational Reporting & Analysis
- Cost & Profitability Management
- Enterprise Performance Management
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Capital & Resource Allocation
- Close, Consolidate & Report
- Order to Cash
- Procure to Pay
- Revenue Accounting
- Cost & Inventory Accounting
- Asset Accounting
- Travel & Expenses
- Project Accounting
- Technical Accounting
- Governance & Risk Management
- Strategy & Growth
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Procurement
Contact: Richard Keany
What human and machine workforce, skills and capabilities will you need to get the work done?
Our future is the combination of humans and machines working together. The current crisis has shown us just how quickly all be it at uncomfortably we can change and learn new tools and technologies to improve what we do. Ensuring you have the team for today, the team that will help you transform, and the team to deliver tomorrow’s outcomes to stakeholders is the most important aspect for any CFO to deliver on their agenda.
Explore the impact that technology, automation and our environment is having on our workforce, and determine the skills, capabilities and workforce (human and machine) needed for today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow
Assess and or define what your Finance team requires for its:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Development
- Learning & Development
- Rewards & Performance Management
- Change Management
- Culture & Conduct
- Organisation Design
- Coaching & Mentoring
Contact: Pip Dexter
What are the tools, technologies and working environment the Finance workforce need to complete the required work?
Digital Finance Technologies – Explore, interact and apply before you buy the latest and emerging technology solutions to your business. Deloitte work with all key technology vendors and can you help you understand the capabilities, how to apply and imbed within your business and in the context of the work that needs to be completed and by the workforce that will need to use the technology solutions to get it done. We cover:
- Finance Technology Strategy, Finance Technology Architecture, Finance Cloud & Infrastructure
- End to end Finance Transaction Systems covering all the functions of Finance including Revenue, Cost, Assets, Projects and specialist accounting applications
- Finance Consolidation & Reconciliation Systems
- Finance Planning, Operational Planning and Algorithm Forecasting
- Finance Information Management and Integration Services
- Finance Insights, Analytics & Visualisation
- Finance Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Distributed Ledgers and Internet of Things
- Finance Big Data
- Productivity Suite
- Cyber & Security
We work with all the major and many emerging technology provider solutions including SAP, Oracle, Workday, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, IBM, Microsoft, AWS, Service Now, Apple, Aptitude, Blackline, Workiva, Jedox, Onstream, Mulesoft and many more.
Contact: Mark Franklin
We have never witnessed such an accelerated change to the Working Environment as the world has experienced as a result of COVD19. Organisations are experiencing that peak productivity and wellness doesn’t just fall out of having people turn up to work. Great thought and intentional design must be given to how the Workforce should experience the workplace including:
- Ways of Working
- Agile Finance
- Virtual Workplace
- Physical Workplace
How do we get to where we need to go?
You know where you need to go to in order to serve your stakeholders priority needs, but the journey seems so big and hard, especially given your starting spot. We help you learn from how others are successfully transforming in many varied ways including how they take both big and small steps to get there. These practical and applicable activities will get you to where you need to go within the context of your organisation:
- Transformation Roadmap and Project design
- Transformation Office
- Program & Project Management
- Resource(s) Management
- Critical Path, Risk & Issues
- Quality Assurance
Contact : Heidi Isreb
How to articulate the case for change and get support of all key stakeholders?
One of the hardest challenges in the current environment is building a compelling case for change, articulating where the Function needs to move to, why they need to do that, how they will do it and the cost and benefits that will result from the change. We unpack and explore with you how organisations are creating these compelling cases and the dramatic changes to how these are being experienced to enlighten Boards, Executives and the Workforce to support the required changes. From this we tailor the compelling case you need including:
- Business Case
- Scenario Modelling
- Benefit Realisation & Transformation Scorecards
- Storytelling and immersive interactive experiences
Contact : Matthew Pieroni
How do you lead this change across your organisation and create a winning team to make it happen?
Leaders of transformational Programs and projects are being asked to operate in totally new ways. Whether it’s a big program or small project, ensuring your leaders and teams are set to lead change successfully in this new world is one of the most important investments you can make. We work in a tailored and highly personal way to get the leaders and teams ready and armed with the things they need to make it happen including:
- Digital Transformational Leadership
- Managing Expectations
- Team Leadership
- Personal Brand, Leadership & Development
Contact : Carlton Lamb