Debt Advisory has been saved
Delivering independent advice to borrowers across the full spectrum of debt markets
We provide independent advice across the spectrum of debt situations to help borrowers achieve optimal financing outcomes. Our team draws on Deloitte’s global network of more than 200 debt advisory specialists to deliver effective solutions – making us one of the world’s largest debt advisory teams within a full-services firm.
Our senior specialists combine their extensive knowledge and understanding of debt markets with advanced data analytics to advise borrowers on all aspects of debt financing.
We deliver real value to each engagement using innovative processes and taking a hands-on approach to enhance the client experience and maximise impact. Our industry expertise is underpinned by an extensive network of contacts within financial institutions and private debt funds around the globe.
Clients with complex and challenging transactions or financing arrangements find our services especially valuable in times of rapid change and uncertainty in global debt markets.
Public and privately owned corporates
We advise shareholders, boards, CEOs, CFOs and Treasury teams within public and private companies across industry sectors. Our team typically helps borrowers with:
- the refinancing of maturing debt facilities
- options for accessing new debt markets such as non-bank finance or capital markets
- creating competitive processes via broad and/or discreet funding tenders from multiple lenders
- raising acquisition finance and pre-IPO debt facilities
- capital buybacks and special dividends financing and growth
- capex expansion funding
- financing options, debt markets scoping and treasury, transaction banking and debt benchmarking reviews
- debt facility amendments and negotiation advisory work for real or potential breach of financial covenants or a trading downturn creating short-term liquidity pressure.
Other advisory services include financial modelling, due diligence and credit ratings positioning, and evaluation work.
Private equity houses and their portfolio investment companies
We offer independent advice to private equity investors and management teams of businesses backed by financial sponsors. That includes supporting M&A transactions and refinancing or renegotiating existing debt arrangements.
Typically, we help borrowers that are:
- refinancing maturing debt facilities or negotiating a new money requirement for acquisitions or growth
- considering accessing a new senior and/or junior debt market that might involve alternative lenders, both bank and non-bank, or capital markets
- reviewing asset-based finance to release value from balance sheet, including receivables, stock, plant, machinery, and property
- funding for growth and expansion or recapitalisation to enable dividends and cash-out
- analysing off-balance sheet finance
- joint venture funding or equity investment.
A perspective from Deloitte and the Institute of International Finance