Turnaround & Restructuring has been saved
Turnaround & Restructuring
Helping distressed businesses reduce risk and maximise value
When a company is in financial distress, the right advice is critical. Deloitte’s Turnaround & Restructuring team works with boards, management teams, banks, investors, government agencies and other stakeholders to help organisations navigate complex challenges and rapidly achieve improvement in distressed situations.
Our specialists combine industry expertise with advanced data analytics to:
- Quickly understand why a business is underperforming
- Identify effective recovery strategies, and
- Deliver the best outcome.
We draw on Deloitte’s global network of 1,500 restructuring professionals, as well as sector and technical specialists, to help us deliver expert advice. This makes us the world’s largest corporate restructuring practice within a full services firm.
It also means we can handle a very wide range of complex issues, including turnarounds, capital restructures, rapid mergers and acquisitions, and all forms of formal insolvency appointment, including receiverships, liquidations, and voluntary administrations.
Our team starts by assessing distressed situations via a strategic review before developing options to maximise return and reduce risk. These options might encompass turnaround advice, capital and debt restructuring initiatives, or planning and executing managed exits from businesses. We can conduct lending reviews, act as a ‘qualified entity’ to provide safe harbour advice, develop contingency plans for formal appointments and more.
Click on the image to view the placemat
How we can help
Our team has won numerous Turnaround Management Association awards, including:
- International Company Turnaround/Transaction of the Year 2021: Virgin Australia
- Restructuring Deal of the Year 2021: Virgin Australia
- Restructuring Deal of the Year 2020: Axsesstoday
- Small Business Turnaround of the Year 2019: Tiwi Plantations
- Restructuring Deal of the Year 2019: Oroton Group
- Small Business Turnaround of the Year 2018: Brisbane Broncos
- Small Business Turnaround of the Year 2015: Withcott Seedlings.
- Sal Algeri
National Lead, Turnaround & Restructuring
- Richard Hughes
Partner, Financial Advisory (Brisbane)
- Jason Tracy
Partner, Financial Advisory (Sydney)
- Glen Kanevsky
Partner, Financial Advisory (Melbourne)
- Matt Donnelly
Partner, Financial Advisory (Perth)
- Travis Anderson
Partner, Financial Advisory (Launceston)