Value creation services has been saved
Value creation services
Delivering focused solutions to unlock cash and enhance profits
Our value creation specialists adopt a private equity mindset and draw on deep industry experience to help companies find untapped value and improve performance. We offer services tailored for event-driven and ongoing situations.
We tailor our services to suit various situations, including acquisitions, divestments, transformations, and turnarounds. We draw on our expertise in business planning, operational restructuring, and liquidity management to build effective solutions.
Clients benefit from our deep industry expertise, which is underpinned by an extensive network of contacts within private equity funds worldwide. In addition, we draw on Deloitte’s global network of financial professionals, as well as sector and technical specialists, to deliver the expert advice companies require.
View our case studies for examples of successful solutions we have created.
How we can help
We typically work with the management or owners of a distressed business who are responsible for underperforming divisions and business units and are seeking radical changes to improve performance. Our team can assist with strategic restructuring and exit options, along with services such as asset rationalisation, contingency planning and debt advisory.
We can also help companies manage a crisis. We have deep expertise in building solutions for crisis scenarios, including interim management and stakeholder management.
Find out how we can help in these value creation scenarios.
We worked with a leading home care services provider to offer pre-sale EBIDTA improvement diagnostic and execution support that helped deliver $5m of earnings uplift.
Our team worked with a listed retailer to provide a strategic review and costed operating model options for a business unit worth more than $300m.
We also worked with a financial services company to perform a strategic review and develop a bankable profit improvement program of prioritised initiatives with a range of associated benefits. As a result, we helped to drive profit uplift by more than 78 per cent EBIT uplift to $15.2m.
Our team worked with a leading food and beverage manufacturer to identify $35m in opportunities across revenue growth, pricing strategy, operations, organisation design and corporate overheads reduction.
We also supported a large franchisor to develop and implement a turnaround plan focusing on commercial, operations and working capital for individual brands.
Before and after an M&A event there is one-time opportunity to build an enhanced VALUE CREATION plan that the new owners can use to deliver incremental value
- Work with the purchaser of a new asset to identify incremental profit improvement and/or synergies with post deal delivery including integration/carve out support
- Pre-deal assessment with thevendor of an asset to identify incremental benefits, offset dis-synergies and enhance the sale price
- Extensive transaction experience
- A buyer’s perspective to the sell-side and separation
- An ability to draw on a wide range of related specialisms, e.g. complex programme/ cultural change/ technology implementation support
- Hypothesis led Private Equity lens and insight
- Enhanced cash management /working capital focus and finance transformation
- Programme management including carve-out and/or integration support
Unleashing existing businesses by framing performance using VALUE CREATION methodologies and mindsets, leading to a step change in profitability
- For management seeking a new perspective on profit improvement of existing business units
- Total value chain to focussed activities
- Need for external “Transformation Director” (TD)
- Strong track record in benefits delivery of large scale and complex transformations
- Private Equity rigour, challenge and quantitative focus
- Broad specialisms framed by VALUE CREATION methodologies, pace and prioritisation
- Hypothesis led Private Equity lens and insight
- Zero-based budgeting challenge to revenue and costs (supply chain, sales, marketing, opex)
- Situation and industry specialists
- Analytics for data-rich environments and opportunities
- PMO and robust benefits tracking framework
- Specific CFO and TD services and support
Applying VALUE CREATION techniques and focus on under-performing companies or divisions radically improves outcomes
- For management or owners of a distressed business seeking radical changes to performance and crisis management
- Management with an underperforming division or unit requiring turnaround
- Expertise in crisis scenarios including Interim Management and stakeholder management
- Depth of business planning, operational restructuring and liquidity management expertise
- Subsequent support available for strategic restructuring and exit options
- Specific Executive support including CFO and CRO services, finance and reporting tools
- Enhanced cash/ liquidity management, working capital and cost-out focus
- Growth, optimization, transformation and exit option analysis to assess risk and rewards
- Asset rationalisation
- Contingency planning in distress cases, debt advisory
Value Creation is a Full Service Offering across the entire Deal Cycle
Pre-sale EBIDTA improvement diagnostic and execution support for $5m of earnings uplift
Before and after an M&A event there is one-time opportunity to build an enhanced VALUE CREATION plan that the new owners can use to deliver incremental value.
Strategic review and costed operating model options for $300m+ business unit.
Perform strategic review and developed a bankable profit improvement program of prioritised initiatives with a range of associated benefits, driving profit uplift by ~78% EBIT uplift to $15.2m in FY19.
Unleashing existing businesses by framing performance using VALUE CREATION methodologies and mindsets, leading to a step change in profitability.
Identified $35m in opportunities across revenue growth, pricing strategy, operations, organisation design and corporate overheads reduction
Developed and implemented turnaround plan focusing on commercial, operations and working capital for individual brands
Applying VALUE CREATION techniques and focus on under-performing companies or divisions radically improves outcomes.