Global Corporate Treasury Survey 2019 has been saved
Global Corporate Treasury Survey 2019
A journey toward adoption of new technology
Deloitte is pleased to release its biennial Global Corporate Treasury Survey. This report documents outcomes from interviews within the global treasury community to understand challenges, mandates, the evolving strategic function, and how regulations are impacting treasury teams.
Respondents to this year’s survey come from the broad spectrum of the global treasury community – Deloitte is grateful to the more than 200 companies across all industries and revenue groups for helping to shape the future of the function.
- While liquidity and financial risk management remain the top two CFO mandates for treasurers, acting as a strategic partner and adviser to the business is becoming more critical than ever
- Being a value-add partner to the CFO, which jumps a place in this year’s survey, reflects the transfer of strategic tasks requiring experienced treasury knowledge
- The treasury function is considered a critical enabler in supporting company growth, both organically and in-organically
- Visibility of and access to group cash, operations and exposures, FX volatility, and inadequate systems infrastructure all continue to challenge treasurers
- While many treasurers are comfortable in deploying TMS technology, adoption has not extended widely to some of the newest available technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Visualization, Big Data, and Blockchain
- Brexit concerns and the adoption of various IFRS requirements are cited as the main regulatory challenges facing treasurers.
Global Corporate Survey 2019
Download the report