Designing Western Sydney : Report Card | Deloitte Australia | Shaping Future Cities, potential of Western Sydney has been added to your bookmarks.
Designing Western Sydney
Shaping Future Cities
Report Card: An update on the economic blueprint to transform Western Sydney.
Since the launch of Shaping Future Cities in 2015, Deloitte has worked with business and government to progress the blueprint for the economic transformation of Western Sydney to create 200,000 great new jobs by 2020. These strategies have been progressed with the dedicated and focused support of the Shaping Future Cities Steering Committee and Champions.
With over 65,000 new jobs recently created as the result of major infrastructure investments - and thousands more yet to be announced - business and government leaders are shaping the agenda for Western Sydney and we’re well on our way of achieving our 200,000 great new jobs.
Some highlights from the report:
- 99 of 133 recommendations made in Designing Western Sydney: Shaping Future Cities have commenced
- Australia’s first STEM school to be established at Sydney Science Park and is expected to open in 2019
Releaseof Greater Sydney Commission Draft Greater Sydney Region Plan – Vision to 2056 Releaseof Greater Sydney Commission District Plans to provide focus and identify areas of opportunity and investment
- Development of Western Sydney Visitor Economy Strategy
- Skills exchanges successfully established to support infrastructure delivery projects
- Optimising Western Sydney’s Airport.
Designing Western Sydney: The story so far
Download the report
Watch the video
Published: February 2018