Infrastructure or accelerated capital spend as an economic stimulus has been saved
Infrastructure or accelerated capital spend as an economic stimulus
Infrastructure investment opportunities
During the current COVID 19 environment, investment in infrastructure should be leveraged as an opportunity to keep people employed, keep businesses afloat and to maintain the productive capacity of the economy.
The current COVID 19 crisis is having far reaching and meaningful impacts on Australian society and the economy. We believe investment in infrastructure provides one of the key opportunities to keep people employed, businesses afloat and to maintain the productive capacity of the economy – thereby enabling Australia to recover in the quickest time possible.
We explain why we believe:
- Monetary policy can no longer be effective in stimulating the economy
- Infrastructure can be used as an effective tool for fiscal stimulus
- Starting with existing assets allows for “quick wins” and short term stimulus
- Taking a precinct approach creates wider economic and social benefits
- Technology can help us deliver infrastructure more efficiently from a time and cost perspective
Infrastructure as an economic stimulus
Download the report