Deloitte awarded Gold LGBTI+ Employer Status has been saved
Deloitte awarded Gold LGBTI+ Employer Status
7th year on the Annual Workplace Equality Index
12 JUNE 2020: Deloitte has again been recognised as an employer of choice for LGBTI+ inclusion, achieving Gold Employer Status through the Pride in Diversity Annual Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) for 2020.
This is the seventh year Deloitte has participated in the Index, having received Silver in 2019, Gold in 2018 and Bronze for the three years prior to that.
Richard Deutsch, CEO, Deloitte Australia, says: “At Deloitte, we’re committed to creating a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace; one that provides equal choice and opportunity for our people to reach their full potential. To receive Gold Employer Status is a huge achievement and reflects the journey we’ve been on. I’m so proud of our teams for driving these important firm-wide initiatives and championing inclusion for everyone.”
Margaret Dreyer, National Inclusion, Diversity & Wellbeing Leader, Deloitte Australia, says: “I’m extremely proud of this award and all the work we do to progress LGBTI+ inclusion, both at Deloitte and in our community. Importantly, I want to ensure this translates to a positive day-to-day experience for our people.”
During the AWEI 2019 assessment period, Deloitte championed several LGBTI+ inclusion initiatives under the leadership of Margaret Dreyer, Lead Partner for Inclusion, Diversity and Wellbeing, and Robbie Robertson, GLOBE Lead Sponsor.
GLOBE is Deloitte Australia's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex (LGBTI+) leadership forum and member community. GLOBE’s activities support Deloitte’s overall cultural goal of building an environment in which all people feel valued and accepted.
Some of the initiatives which contributed to Deloitte’s Gold Employer Status this year include:
- The implementation of a formal governance structure for regional offices, launched with a roadshow from the GLOBE Leadership team
- The engagement and growth of the GLOBE Ally Network
- The development of a working group with a focus on increasing female representation in the GLOBE community
- The celebration of key LGBTI+ dates of significance within the firm, including Wear it Purple and International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT)
- The launch of the second year of the GLOBE Mentoring Program
NB: See our media releases and research at deloitte.com.au