Deloitte boosts its DevOps capability with Strut Digital
9 May 2017: Deloitte continues to strengthen its market leading technology practice, with the team from DevOps specialist Strut Digital joining the professional services firm.
Strut Digital is a boutique technology company and managed services provider that specialises in DevOps. The Strut team helps companies move to and manage cloud-based IT environments, by leveraging the AWS cloud platform, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Strut’s 25 strong team will join Deloitte’s Sydney office with Strut CEO Zack Levy joining the firm as a partner. Strut’s other directors, David Cheal and Tim Bradey, will join as principals. The team will form the DevOps component of the Cloud operating unit within Deloitte’s Technology Consulting practice, led by Deloitte Technology, Strategy, and Architecture Lead Partner, Kevin Russo.
Deloitte CEO, Cindy Hook, said Strut was the latest strategic investment to ensure the firm remained at the forefront of enterprise technology services. “We are experiencing significant demand from public and private sector clients for our technology expertise. Our clients are all talking about how to make the best use of the cloud, reflecting their need to rapidly adapt to unforeseen shifts in their marketplace, while improving how they service their customers in new and innovative ways. Strut Digital complements our previous transactions with Cloud Solutions Group, Plenary Networks and Sixtree, and enables us to provide a true end-to-end technology implementation experience for our clients.”
Deloitte Consulting Managing Partner, Robert Hillard said: “Strut Digital’s deep expertise in AWS Cloud really complements our recently announced alliance with Amazon Web Services and our ability to help our clients digitally transform their entire organisations.”
Kevin Russo said: “We are thrilled to have Strut Digital join Deloitte. The team really complement our existing cloud implementation services and we can now provide our clients with dedicated DevOps capability to help de-risk their migration to the cloud and where required manage the ongoing cloud environment. Strut’s cultural focus on getting the job done right through pragmatic innovative solutions, aligns so well with Deloitte’s culture. Our ability to provide our clients with a full scale cloud-focused technical capability, from Advisory through to Managed Services, just got stronger.”
Strut Digital CEO Zack Levy believes the synergies are evident. “This is an exciting time for our business. Joining forces means Strut brings leading-edge AWS Cloud expertise with some of the best talent in Australia to Deloitte. At the same time we are taking advantage of enterprise opportunities to scale-up our offering in the market. Having access to Deloitte’s pool of resources, expertise and talent, not only benefits our clients, but also our team’s ability to think big. We help our clients to transform their businesses and now we can do it even bigger and better as Deloitte.”
Strut Digital’s track record includes projects with some of Australia’s leading brands such as Westpac, Qantas, Redballoon, Amway and Bauer Media Group. Strut will continue to work with its current clients and look to expand its practice under the Deloitte brand.
Terms of the Strut transaction are confidential.
Strut is the latest in a series of technology-related transactions and alliances for Deloitte, which include:
- February 2017: Alliance with Amazon Web Services to form a 2,500 strong global AWS cloud practice
- September 2016: Alliance with Apple (5,000 strong global Apple practice to help businesses design and implement iPhone & iPad solutions)
- October 2016: Transaction with Plenary Networks (an architecture and integration specialist)
- August 2016: Transaction with Sixtree (providing a platform-led approach to structuring and integrating legacy and emerging technologies, more effectively and securely)
- November 2015: Transaction with Cloud Solutions Group, (changing the way cloud infrastructure advisory services are delivered)
- October 2015: Transaction with Qubit Consulting (making Deloitte Australia the largest provider of identity and access management services)
- June 2015: Transaction with Dataweave (Oracle implementation services, identity management and cloud solution delivery)