Deloitte helps enterprises transform their business with digital core and analytics powered by SAP HANA® on Amazon Web Services has been added to Bookmarks.
Deloitte helps enterprises transform their business with digital core and analytics powered by SAP HANA® on Amazon Web Services
- Deloitte expands cloud services with launch of AWS-dedicated cloud practice with 2,500 practitioners
- Deloitte to leverage AWS to build and host more than 20 preconfigured SAP S/4HANA® industry solutions for clients
20 February 2017: Deloitte today announced a collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to expand its cloud capabilities by forming an AWS cloud practice with 2,500 practitioners globally.
The joint practice will assist businesses change the way they work across their entire organisations, including digital core enterprise applications, such as SAP, analytics solutions, and front and back-office systems.
Deloitte and AWS will use SAP S/4HANA, SAP BW/4HANA® and the SAP HANA® platform to speed up clients’ ability to digitally transform and achieve powerful outcomes based on insights.
“A key focus of our AWS collaboration is to accelerate clients’ digital core transformation through SAP S/4HANA. This will modernise their ERP technology and de-risk cloud migration,” said Kevin Russo, Deloitte Consulting Lead Partner, Technology, Strategy & Architecture.
Russo explained that helping clients lead with analytics to deliver insight based outcomes is equally important. To ensure that happens Deloitte has also invested in building more than 20 pre-configured industry-specific analytics solutions powered by SAP HANA and AWS.
Deloitte Consulting Managing Partner, Robert Hillard said: “We plan to provide companies with a strong digital core foundation built on the AWS Cloud, that can scale with flexibility, enabling faster-time-to-value and the ability to instantly act on information and make better decisions across the enterprise.
“These capabilities are exactly what Australian businesses are looking for to support their move to cloud technologies and cloud-based systems. The move to cloud computing is happening in every part of the economy as businesses and the public sector seek to deliver more services to their customers in new and innovative ways.”
Potential benefits include:
- Accelerated digital core transformations through SAP S/4HANA and SAP BW/4HANA, leveraging AWS’s global scale and advanced capabilities and services, such as memory-optimized X1 instances.
- Gaining an insight-driven advantage through use of industry-specific and pre-configured analytical solutions built by Deloitte and powered by SAP HANA and AWS.
- Migrating enterprise applications and their data to a scalable and cost-effective AWS environment, removing the need to own and manage the underlying technology infrastructure.
“Business leaders the world over trust Deloitte to help them implement the right technology strategy to achieve their goals” said Terry Wise, vice president of the Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, Amazon Web Services Inc.
“Deloitte’s deep experience and services, SAP’s powerful data management solutions, and the scale and flexibility of the AWS Cloud will be an invaluable combination for enterprises looking to become more agile, create new efficiencies and grow their businesses.”
For SAP, the collaboration with Deloitte and AWS offers an opportunity to extend the vision of streamlined business to more organisations.
“We are delighted to see that Deloitte and AWS are collaborating to help accelerate delivery and operations of our clients’ SAP HANA-based solutions,” said Greg McStravick, president, data and data management business, SAP.
“SAP HANA brings a modern approach to data management, allowing clients to transform their businesses for next-generation industry-specific solutions. Deloitte’s work with AWS will further enable our mutual clients to drive innovation and ultimately run simple.”
Hillard explained: “Deloitte already delivers innovations for clients on AWS in areas such as blockchain technologies, cybersecurity and industry-specific analytics. The strategic relationship with AWS augments this work by providing clients with the full spectrum of digital core, analytics and enterprise cloud needs. It supports our Australian practice offer a fully integrated, end-to-end technology practice to assist clients with every aspect of technology design, build, implementation and protection, through every stage of their growth.”
The AWS collaboration builds on a number of technology and related transactions and alliances Deloitte has achieved in recent years including:
- Plenary Networks (an architecture and integration specialists joined in October 2016)
- Sixtree (providing a platform-led approach to structuring and integrating legacy and emerging technologies, more effectively and securely)
- Qubit Consulting (making Deloitte Australia the largest provider of identity and access management services)
- Dataweave (Oracle implementation services, identity management and cloud solution delivery)
- Cloud Solutions Group (a specialist provider of cloud infrastructure, migration and management services).