Federal Budget 2016-17
Deloitte's insights in the lead up to, during and post-Budget
2 May 2016: On Tuesday 3 May, Treasurer Scott Morrison will deliver his first Federal Budget. Deloitte will be providing economic, tax and industry insights in the lead up to, during and post-Budget. Our spokespeople are available to provide commentary.
Please contact Céline Gordine-Wright (03 9671 8285 or 0449 554 077) or your usual contact in the Deloitte Corporate Affairs & Communications team to speak with any of our spokespeople.
You can also follow us on Twitter - @FederalBudget
We will also be producing our annual Deloitte 2016 Federal Budget Report. The report will be available on our Federal Budget 2016-17 website on budget night, or you can register to receive it directly to your inbox.
On Wednesday 4 May, we will host a webinar to provide an overview of the Federal Budget, identify critical points of interest and examine the practical issues as we head into the next financial year. You are welcome to join us, simply register for a place.
- David Watkins, Vik Khanna: Corporate tax, international tax, BEPs, thin capitalisation, CGT, negative gearing
- Chris Richardson: Deloitte Access Economics (general Budget commentary)
- Serg Duchini: R&D incentives tax, innovations (tax)
- Spyros Kotsopoulos: Private companies, SMEs, family business, trusts, individual tax measures
- Gary Funston: GST and indirect taxes
- Mark Wright: Immigration, workforce supply/skills shortage
- Elizma Bolt, Steve Batrouney: Employment taxes, including Fringe Benefits Tax
- Russell Mason: Superannuation (general - non-tax)
- John Randall: Superannuation (tax measures and SMSF specific issues)
- Lynne Pezzullo: Health
- Mark Hadassin: Infrastructure (Tax)
- Luke Houghton: Infrastructure
- Brett Greig: Energy & Resources (oil & gas, mining)
- Patrick Broughan: Banking & Finance
- Michelle Hartman: Not for profits
Your Deloitte Corporate Affairs & Communications contacts:
Louise Denver: 0414 889 857
Financial services, superannuation, SMSF, innovation
Céline Gordine-Wright: 0449 554 077
Tax, consumer business, energy & resources
Sophie Newsome: 0447 249 414
SMEs, private companies, not for profits, high new worth's, public sector, including education & health
Simon Rushton: 0450 530 748
Deloitte Access Economics, property, infrastructure
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/au/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has in the region of 225,000 professionals, all committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
About Deloitte Australia
In Australia, the member firm is the Australian partnership of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. As one of Australia’s leading professional services firms, and winner of both the Australian Financial Review/CFO Audit Firm of the Year and Accounting Firm of the Year awards 2013, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and its affiliates provide audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through approximately 6,000 people across the country. Focused on the creation of value and growth, and known as an employer of choice for innovative human resources programs, we are dedicated to helping our clients and our people excel. For more information, please visit Deloitte’s web site at www.deloitte.com.au.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
© 2016 Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu