Federal Budget 2017-18 Media Alert
5 May 2017: On Tuesday 9 May, Treasurer Scott Morrison will deliver his second Federal Budget. Deloitte will be providing economic, tax and industry insights in the lead up to, during and post-Budget and our spokespeople are available to provide commentary.
Please contact Céline Gordine-Wright (03 9671 8285 or 0449 554 077) or your usual contact in the Deloitte Corporate Affairs & Communications team to speak with any of our spokespeople.
You can also follow us on Twitter – @FederalBudget
We will also be producing our annual Deloitte 2017 Federal Budget Report. The report will be available on our Federal Budget 2017-18 website on Budget night, or you can register to receive it directly to your inbox.
On Wednesday 10 May, we will host a webinar to provide an overview of the Federal Budget, identify critical points of interest and examine the practical issues as we head into the next financial year. You are welcome to join us, simply register for a place.
Some of our spokespeople:
- Chris Richardson: Deloitte Access Economics (general Budget commentary)
- David Watkins, Claudio Cimetta: Corporate tax, international tax, BEPS, thin capitalisation, CGT, negative gearing
- Fiona Craig: Transfer pricing
- Stuart Osborne: Tax transparency
- Serg Duchini: R&D incentives tax, innovation (tax)
- Damon Cantwell: Grants and incentives
- Spyros Kotsopoulos: Private companies, SMEs, family business, trusts, individual tax measures
- Gary Funston: GST and indirect taxes
- Mark Wright: Immigration
- Elizma Bolt, Steve Batrouney: Employment taxes, including Fringe Benefits Tax
- Russell Mason: Superannuation (general – non-tax)
- John Randall, Meghan Speers: Superannuation (tax measures and SMSF specific issues)
- Colette Rogers: Education
- Max Persson: Stapled securities, REITs, CIVs
- Luke Houghton: Infrastructure
- Jonathan Schneider: Energy & Resources (oil & gas, mining)
- Patrick Broughan: Banking & Finance
Your Deloitte Corporate Affairs & Communications contacts:
- Louise Denver (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0414 889 857): Financial services, superannuation, SMSF, innovation
- Céline Gordine-Wright (email@example.com; 0449 554 077): Tax, consumer business, energy & resources
- Tanya Jayasuriya (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0422 155 002): SMEs, private companies, not for profits, high net worth’s
- Karina Randall (email@example.com; 0414 823 712): Public sector, including education & health
- Simon Rushton (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0450 530 748): Deloitte Access Economics, property, infrastructure