Gonski Review: Examining the implications for school funding
Summary of issues raised at Deloitte hosted forum
This summary highlights the headline findings of the Gonski Review and key topics raised by education sector executives and leaders at a Deloitte hosted public consultations on the implications of the Review.
Led by Deloitte’s Public Sector Leader, Andrew Johnstone-Burt and Deloitte Access Economics’, Lachlan Smirl, key themes that emerged from the public consultations included:
- The potential catalyst the Gonski Review provides for the invigoration of school funding reform in Australia
- Recognition that much analysis, refinement and good-faith negotiations remains to enhance educational outcomes
- Acknowledgement that cooperation between different levels of government is critical
- The challenges in transitioning the Review’s conceptual recommendations to practical policy
- Concerns around the implementation timetable
- The consideration of alternate measurement regimes
- Remaining mindful that funding is just one factor in a broader education policy environment.
Download the summary
For a summary of these conversation points and the Review's headline recommendations, please click on the "download" button.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.