Directors’ Cut Survey 2015 | Deloitte Australia | Risk has been added to your bookmarks.
Directors’ Cut Survey 2015
Board Effectiveness series
The 2015 survey includes the views of Chairs and CEOs from Australia’s largest companies on the issues, challenges and opportunities faced by Australian boards and executives.
Managing strategy and focusing on growth in times of economic and political uncertainty will occupy the minds of corporate CEOs and boards over the next 12-24 months, according to our fifth biennial Directors’ Cut survey.
Deloitte partners recently interviewed 50 chairs and CEOs of ASX 200 companies on the issues, challenges and opportunities faced by Australian boards and executives.
This year, following on from the our fourth Building the Lucky Country report- Get out of your own way: unleashing productivity, participants were also asked about overzealous rule-making in the private sector and how regulation affects their roles and responsibilities.
Other key findings include:
- Regulation: 67% of chairs and CEOs say regulation is increasing, and 65% of respondents believe corporates are wrapped up in red tape
- Strategy: 60% of say that boards make sufficient time to deal with strategic issues (but that regulation still requires a lot of attention)
- Risk: 89% of chairs and CEOs agree that their companies have a consistent approach to risk across their business and between management and directors
- Innovation: 56% of respondents believe their organisation has an effective innovation program in place, and 68% believe compliance is not stifling innovation
- Growth: 63% of chairs and CEOs are looking to enter Asian markets for growth.