Internal audit has been saved
Understand and control what must go right
Deloitte views internal audit as a means to strengthen governance and risk management by focusing on ‘what must go right’.
Internal audit should help risk management drive sustained performance by focusing on what must go right. This means demands on internal audit functions have never been greater.
To help you gain the most from an internal audit, Deloitte can advise you on the specific risks and opportunities you face on a daily basis. We do this through:
- Focusing on your industry
- Insights from our global network of internal auditors and proprietary material and models
- A platform to build resilience by amplifying current risks and anticipating future risks
- A methodology that builds preparedness for controlling risks.
Internal audit co-sourcing
Our team provides subject matter expertise and industry insights delivered through the flexibility of a co-sourced internal audit function. We offer this through:
- Teaming with our client’s in-house internal audit function to deliver ad-hoc projects and/or specialist reviews globally
- A range of services from IT audits and data analytics through to specialist support in areas such as treasury, cyber security, human resources, shared services and outsourcing
- Providing access to Deloitte’s global technical and industry knowledge and methodology.
Internal audit outsourcing
We offer subject matter expertise and industry insights to our clients who outsource their internal audit function. We provide these services through:
- Delivering an entire internal audit service that provides assurance over the full range of risks across our client’s organisation
- Offering a fully-variable, yet easily controllable cost base with no recruitment costs, along with further cost savings compared to an in-house function through improved productivity
- A structure that removes management and retention issues and in-house training issues
- Access to our wider organisation and specialists.
Internal audit transformation and quality assessment
We help our clients transform their internal audit function and its capability, enhancing the impact it can have on business outcomes and alignment to stakeholder expectations. We do this through:
- Our expert skills and experience undertaking robust and independent reviews of internal audit functions
- Implementation assistance for improvement recommendations
- Our proprietary survey tools comparing internal audit perceptions compared with the perceptions of stakeholders
- Contrasting organisational performance against annually updated external benchmark information using global public and private sector organisations analysed by industry.
Our approach is founded on providing assurance and advice over “what must go right“. This is significantly influenced by factors within our clients’ industry. We team according to industry so that our people truly understand the risks, issues and opportunities inherent for our clients, allowing them to provide genuine points of view and insight