Corporate and business unit strategy
A fundamental challenge every executive faces is how to leverage instinct, reflex, and speed in responding to market shifts while sticking with an overall “game plan.” The most effective executives navigate the unexpected and unpredictable while keeping a clear business strategy in view.
That focus on strategy is imperative in the face of constant change and uncertainty. Strategy is the touchstone that keeps management grounded, employees aligned toward core objectives, and resources allocated effectively. Importantly, a cohesive strategy provides clear assumptions of a company’s view of the future. When new trends or events emerge that are inconsistent with those underlying assumptions, the company can adapt quickly, taking advantage of these new factors without impeding its longer term aspirations.
How can we help
Monitor Deloitte works side by side with chief executives and their teams to create effective strategies and secure alignment across the organisation. We are passionate about helping our clients tackle tough issues and make choices in the face of increasing complexity and market opportunities. We create the context for executive teams to explore many views, closely examine their choices, and emerge from the strategy process aligned and committed to action.
Our team of strategists bring deep sector knowledge along with the experience and methods to structure effective corporate and business unit strategies. We always bring the best of our specialty capabilities from across Deloitte including drawing expertise from Deloitte Access Economics, Deloitte Digital and our Human Capital practices.
About our services
- Develop and deliver a CEO agenda — working with the CEO to frame an agenda that clearly articulates his or her aspirations and priorities
- Create focused corporate and business unit strategies — employing our configurable architecture for strategy development, Strategy by Design™, we lead executive teams through a rigorous, tailored process that focuses on framing the critical choices they must make and delivering the insights they need to commit to the strategy
- Link shareholder value to business decisions — disaggregating value drivers and analysing potential impacts of strategic decisions on shareholder value, as well as the impact of current strategies on shareholder value drivers
- Create advantaged portfolios — evaluating a business portfolio to identify opportunities to improve performance, from strengthening portfolio elements to divesting elements that can unlock capital for higher returning redeployment
- Design and execute integrated growth plans — working across all organic and inorganic opportunities, using our GrowthPath™ methodology to assess where and how to grow by identifying growth opportunities, unlocking growth levers, and defining growth programs
- Understand and prepare for alternative futures — generating and fast-testing new strategic options or pressure-testing current strategies using our Fast Forward® scenarios approach, war gaming, simulations, and experiential learning
- Build strategy excellence — using our versatile Strategy by Design™ approach, we help our client organisations improve the effectiveness of their strategic dialogue, develop new strategic-thinking skills, and deploy more effective planning processes and tools.
Through our Corporate and Business Unit Strategy services, our clients:
- Develop and communicate a clear strategic vision
- Create focus and alignment within the executive team to develop and champion the strategy across the entire organisation
- Execute strategy consistently across the organisation
- Create strategic flexibility through strategy-informed sensing and the ability to have a strategic dialogue
- Achieve results, showing returns on actions and effects on shareholder value
- See a clear line of sight between the strategy and key qualitative and quantitative performance metrics and other measures.