Banking on Tax has been added to Bookmarks.
Banking on Tax
Focusing on the core tax issues
Banking on Tax is Deloitte's quarterly newsletter covering the core tax issues as they affect bankers. If you would like to receive this publication by email please contact us.
Issue 18 | February 2020
- Hybrid mismatch proposed amendment for distributions on AT1 capital
We outline the proposed amendment to the franking offset rules for distributions on AT1 interests that give rise to a foreign income deduction.
- Justified Trust and GST – are you ready?
We discuss the approach, process and focus areas for the ATO’s GST assurance review program.
- Divestment activities – considering goodwill
We consider issues for goodwill on a divestment of a business by a tax consolidated group.
- Applying a tax lens to customer remediation payments
We highlight a number of tax issues for customers and banks to consider for remediation payments.
- The tax governance outlook for 2020 for the banking sector
We provide insights from the Top 100 and Top 1,000 reviews undertaken so far and consider areas of focus for tax governance in 2020.
- Revised R&D tax incentive bill now before Parliament
We summarise the key aspects for banks of the proposed amendments to the R&D regime.
Banking on Tax | Archive
- Banking on Tax: Issue 17 | November 2019
- Banking on Tax: Issue 16 | September 2017
- Banking on Tax: Issue 15 | June 2017
- Banking on Tax: Issue 14 | March 2017
- Banking on Tax: Issue 13 | September 2014
- Banking on Tax: Issue 12 | May 2014
- Banking on Tax: Issue 11 | December 2013
- Banking on Tax: Issue 10 | August 2013
- Banking on Tax: Issue 9 | March 2013
For additional archive editions of Banking on Tax: Focusing on the core issues, please contact Alison Noble.