Global Indirect Tax News has been saved
Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and global trade issues around the globe.
Governments around the world have rapidly mobilised to support businesses and individuals as they work together to mitigate the economic impacts of COVID-19. Measures vary considerably country-to-country. They include the deferrals of tax payments and filings, new tax relief laws and incentives, and administrative simplifications.
Deloitte is offering two free digital resources which can help you keep informed through timely updates on COVID-19 globally:
- Daily email alerts called Signal Topic Alerts on COVID-19 tax measures announced by governments and discussed in the world’s media and the Weekly Topic Alert Digest.
- A reference microsite COVID-19 Tax & Financial Measures in its proprietary Tax Atlas application which provides summaries of the measures.
These resources help you keep track of tax and fiscal measures introduced around the world and review the measures by country.
- USMCA update: Canada and Mexico confirm completion of entry into force procedures
- European Union: Commission closes infringement procedures against three states over VAT quick fixes
- European Union: CJEU AG opines on VAT treatment of investment fund management services
- Belgium: New guidance on intra-Community VAT regime and quick fixes issued
- Belgium: New circular letter regarding the VAT treatment of tour operators and travel agents
- China: Export VAT refund rates increased on over 1,400 goods
- China: 2020 tariff survey process underway
- Finland: Tax authorities update VAT guidance
- Finland: E-invoicing mandatory for B2B sales upon request of purchaser
- India: Mandatory e-invoicing for GST purposes deferred until 1 October 2020
- India: GST council recommends changes in law, procedures, and GST rates
- India: Round up of recent customs developments, including Finance Act, 2020 measures
- India: Utilizing free trade agreements requires robust origin management system
- Ireland: Guidance issued on VAT groups
- United Arab Emirates: Foreign businesses may submit 2019 VAT refund requests
- United States: State Tax Matters (27 March 2020), including indirect tax developments in Louisiana, Missouri, and Texas
- United States: State Tax Matters (3 April 2020), including indirect tax developments in Florida, Illinois, and Washington
- United States: State Tax Matters (10 April 2020), including indirect tax developments in Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Tennessee