JobKeeper extended to March 2021 has been saved
JobKeeper extended to March 2021
On 7 August 2020, the Government made policy adjustments to JobKeeper and the JobKeeper Extension (which the Government announced on 21 July 2020). The JobKeeper Extension will run until 28 March 2021.
The policy adjustments for JobKeeper and the JobKeeper Extension are as follows:
- From 3 August 2020, the relevant reference date of employment for the purposes of determining employee eligibility for the JobKeeper payment will move from 1 March to 1 July 2020; and
- With respect to the JobKeeper Extension, the decline in turnover testing to qualify for the JobKeeper payment will no longer be cumulative:
- The June quarter will no longer be a relevant testing period;
- With respect to the JobKeeper Payment from 28 September 2020 to 3 January 2021, the testing will be based on actual GST turnover in the September 2020 quarter; and
- With respect to the JobKeeper Payment from 4 January to 28 March 2021, the testing will be based on actual GST turnover in the December 2020 quarter.