Significant Investor Visa (SIV)
Pathway to permanent residence in Australia
The Significant Investor Visa (SIV) is designed to attract overseas investment and provide a streamlined pathway to permanent residence in Australia for business people from around the world. The Australian Government has announced that it will introduce the Significant Investor Visa (SIV) effective from 24 November 2012.
How Deloitte can help you
Deloitte Immigration, working with Deloitte Private, are an integrated network of professionals focused exclusively on providing immigration advice and assistance to high net worth migrants, small businesses and multinational corporations.
Deloitte maintains a strong working relationship with the Australian Government and Immigration Authorities and has been actively involved in facilitating a strong connection between government and the Chinese business community.
The service delivery team in Australia includes multilingual, native Mandarin and Cantonese speakers who are accustomed to working with business people across Asia. We understand the migration, compliance, regulatory and commercial operating environment in this region.
We have assembled a multi-disciplinary team of professionals drawn from across our Australian and global firms, who have deep knowledge and experience in the following:
Our service offerings
Visa and Immigration
- Preparation of a business plan in compliance with Australian immigration law
- Advice on visa eligibility, helping you apply for the type of visa that meets your personal circumstances and business ambitions
- Completion of temporary and permanent visa applications
- Dealing with the Australian immigration authorities
- End-to-end immigration assistance, working together with your legal and other advisers to meet your business needs.
Business advisory services
- Workshops and training courses on investment into Australia
- Identifying potential investment targets based on your criteria
- Assistance in identifying and working with potential Australian partners.
Business structuring advice
- Advice regarding using the most appropriate structure to set up your business
- Market research, due diligence, business acquisition/establishment advice, information on local regulations and advice regarding sources of funding for business opportunities
- Advice on shareholders’ issues and potential exit strategies
- Assistance with opening local bank accounts.
- Advice on the Australian taxation system
- Personal tax planning and advice on resident/non-resident status
- Asset protection, superannuation, wealth management and estate planning services.
- Assistance with payroll and bookkeeping or introductions to local service providers
- Financial reporting and audit requirements
- Corporate and employer tax compliance services.