What makes a winner? Nomination criteria
Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Australia
Now in its 17th year in Australia, the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 program ranks fast growing technology companies, public or private, based on percentage revenue growth over three years.
Our eligibility criteria below explains what it takes to be a winner. You can also take a look at previous winners to discover the formula for success!
We announce our winners under three categories:
Category: Technology Fast 50
- Is a technology company defined as:
- Producing technology
- Manufacturing technology-related products
- Be technology intensive, or use unique technology to solve problems
- Devoting a significant proportion of operating revenues to research & development of technology.
- Has been in business for a minimum of three years
- The company must be Australian owned and headquartered in Australia. Subsidiaries or divisions of overseas companies are not eligible (unless they have some Australian public ownership and trade separately).
- Operating revenues must be at least $50,000 in 2015
- Must have total cumulative operating revenues of $8 million during the last three operating years. For example, a technology company will qualify if its revenue for the year ended June 2015 was $105,000 and its year-end revenue for June 2016 and June 2017 were $2.5 million and $5.5 million, respectively.
(Please note that companies with operating revenues of less than $8 million may still qualify for the regional Asia-Pacific Technology Fast 500 program).
Category: Rising Star
Does your company meet all of the main Technology Fast 50 criteria, but has been trading for less than three years? Our Rising Star category could be for you!
The nomination process for the Rising Star award is the same as the Technology Fast 50 award. The only difference is that Rising Star applicants have under three years’ worth of verified financial data and do not meet the $8 million revenue threshold.
Are you an established technology company with a strong track record and operating revenues greater than $50 million in 2017? Then the Leadership category could be for you!
The nomination process for the Leadership award is the same as the Technology Fast 50 award and Rising Star award. The difference with Leadership applicants is that they must have greater than $50 million in 2017.
What information is needed to nominate?
To nominate your company for one of the three Technology Fast categories, be ready to submit:
- Company details (name, address, ABN, contact details)
- CEO details (CEOs of winning companies are listed next to their company in our report)
- A brief description of company and proprietary technology (maximum of 300 words)
- Company logo in high resolution
- Financial information for 2015, 2016 and 2017. Note: Deloitte does not audit the nominations.
Pre-register your details here and we’ll let you know once nominations are open!
Pre-register for our 2018 awards