TMT Predictions 2016
Discover the major trends that will impact your business
Welcome to the 2016 edition of Deloitte’s predictions for the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sectors. These Predictions reveal the perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe.
- Download the report
- Technology predictions
- Media predictions
- Telecommunications predictions
- View infographic
Executive summary (2016)
Our objective with TMT Predictions is to identify critical inflection points that we believe should inform industry strategic thinking, and to explain how we think these will manifest over the next 12-18 months for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
Technology - TMT Predictions 2016
- Touch Commerce: the mobile online checkout gets an express lane
- Women in IT jobs: it is about education, but also about more than just education
- Trailing millennials are the pro-PC, not the post-PC, generation
- Graphene: research now, reap next decade
Media - TMT Predictions 2016
- Virtual reality (VR): a billion dollar niche
- US TV: erosion, not implosion
- eSports — Bigger and smaller than you think
- The award for stable box office revenues in the face of digital media goes to…
- Mobile ad-blockers: saved by the app?
- European football scores $30 billion
- Mobile games: leading but less lucrative.
Telecommunications - TMT Predictions 2016
Explore the future in Telecommunications: