Level 7 - 9
Brookfield Place, Tower 2
Steven is the National Mining and Metals Sector Leader and a Partner in the Consulting division of Deloitte Australia, where he specialises in working with Mining organisations to implement major business changes.
From automation to analytics to digitisation, Steven has worked across the mining value chain on some of the most interesting and advanced applications of technology.
His career began in Engineering with a particular focus on the design and development of innovative technology systems in energy & resources industries, and he has experienced the highs and lows of taking world-leading technology projects from initial executive level strategy and approval through technical challenges to full implementation and change management.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, Steven has worked extensively in Iron Ore, Gold and Copper and delivered projects in Australia, Africa, South America, Singapore, US, UK and Canada.
Steven is the Lead Consulting Partner for Rio Tinto, and is responsible for the oversight and co-ordination of all of Deloitte’s Consulting work for Rio Tinto across the globe. Steven also leads our Consulting team servicing the Energy, Resources and Industrials industries Consulting industry in Australia.
- Development of 10 – 15 year technology vision and roadmaps for major mining organisation.
- Lead role in the operational deployment of Autonomous Mining equipment.
- Programme design and implementation for Autonomous Rail system implementation.
- Project lead role in the construction and implementation of new remote operations facility.
- Programme lead role in the design and preparation for post-merger integration of major mining businesses.
- Cost reduction programmes for end-to-end supply chain of global mining organisations.
- Advanced application of analytics for mining supply chain optimisation.