Deloitte is a leading presence in the Consumer Products industry, serving companies across multiple sub-sectors including Food Beverage & Agriculture, Apparel and Personal & Household Goods. Our Consumer Products group focuses on the top issues facing the industry.
We can offer you comprehensive support in resolving a range of issues, and have the necessary experience and knowledge to implement practical solutions developed specially for your company.
Some of the top agricultural businesses in Russia and the CIS rely on us to provide them with targeted, tailored consulting solutions. We work with companies, adding value to their market-leading operations, through the whole agribusiness value chain working with producers and distributors of agricultural machines, companies operating in the crop, poultry and pork production sectors and companies providing mass storage services, agro trading and other agricultural services.
Our cross functional team of specialists have many years of experience in the agribusiness sector and can provide a full range of services, including:
• Due diligence
• Transition to IFRS
• Establishment of an IFRS function
• Transfer pricing documentation
• Feasibility studies
• Preparation and development of business strategy
• Tax advice
• Debt and legal restructuring
• Eurobond issue and fundraising
• IPO support
Some projects we have implemented in the agricultural sector
- Financial due diligence of a large Russian producer of chicken and pork meat, to support decision making by the Group’s management
- Due diligence of a pork producer for Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL
- Transaction support for a producer and seller of pork and grain in the Russian far east
- Establishment of IFRS function, including transition to IFRS, at Damate Group
- Preparation of documentation on transfer pricing rules for an International Grain Company
- Examination of the use of trademarks in the operations of companies in an international agricultural industry group
- Analysis of the counterparty database for a large infrastructure and trade company in Russia, which is also among the top five Russian grain exporters
- Feasibility study of the creation of an SSC from the financial function of the largest producer of meat products in Russia, one of the three leaders on the chicken meat, pork and meat processing markets and the largest producer of animal feed in the country
- Due diligence exercise assessing the inventories of one of the largest poultry farms in Russia
- Comparison of the IFRS accounting policies of the largest agricultural holding companies in Russia and Ukraine
- Development of a strategy for the creation of an agricultural industry cluster in a Russian region
- Development of a strategy for entry onto the agricultural products and services markets for a large international group
- Feasibility study for a project to establish a large group for the production of turkey meat
- Feasibility study of a project for the production of rabbit meat
- Development of a diversification strategy for a spirit manufacturer (advanced processing of grain)
We provide professional services to many of the leading food & beverage companies in Russia and the CIS, among them market leaders in the confectionery, dairy products, alcohol and tobacco sectors.
Our cross functional team have a wide range of industry experience and can provide a full range of services including strategy creation and development, supply chain management, SAP ERP implementation, local and international tax consulting – whatever the needs of your food and beverage operation, our team have the skills to assist.
Food & Beverage
FMCG industry: answers to your questions
Example of a similar logistics and purchases project
International cosmetics company
The Client requests that Deloitte consultants support optimization of the existing distribution network in terms of freight cost reduction while increasing delivery speed in Russia
The project includes definition of an optimal distribution network structure as well as selection of an optimal mix of logistics service providers by region and delivery type (delivery-to-address, delivery through order pickup points and postamates to support the optimized network