Taxation in the Financial Services Industry Training
29-30 November 2018
Deloitte Academy introduces specially designed training for professionals engaged in the financial services industry. This highly technical course will focus on the specifics of taxation of transactions in banks, insurance and leasing companies.
“Taxation in the financial services industry” is a comprehensive program designed for professionals engaged in the financial services industry with primary focus on the specifics of taxation of banks, insurance and leasing companies.
The main topics of the training program cover the following:
- Introduction to the taxation system of Azerbaijan – analysis of certain definitions, tax audits, rights and obligations of taxpayers and tax authorities, practicability of tax refunds;
- Study of all essential matters for accurate calculation and reporting of profit tax liability of banks, insurance and leasing companies, including but not limited to:
- Revenue and expense recognition for banks, insurance and leasing companies;
- Determination of taxable income for all types of financial institutions, including commission and interest income, income from financial leasing, derivatives, income from factoring, insurance and reinsurance income, subrogation income, decrease in insurance reserves and others.
- Deductibility of expenses incurred by the financial institutions, such as loan loss provisions, insurance reserves, insurance and reinsurance expenses and others.
- Discussion of value added tax related subjects fundamental for accurate assessment of liability in banks, insurance and leasing companies with particular emphasis on treatment of financial and non-financial services;
- Withholding tax concept and analysis of taxation of various types of payments made to residents and non-residents;
- Employee taxation related subjects essential for accurate calculation and declaration of personal income tax, unemployment insurance contributions and social insurance contributions;
- Taxation of assets with primary focus on determination of taxable base, application of exemptions and assets tax compliance;
- Detailed discussion of the simplified tax focusing on taxation of encashment and sale of immovable property;
- International tax aspects, such as recently introduced Transfer Pricing Rules and Conventions for Avoidance of Double Taxation.
Registration, Schedule and Fees
Date and time
November 29-30, 2018, starts at 2.00 PM till 6 PM.
The trainings will be conducted in Deloitte Azerbaijan office located at 25E Nobel avenue, Baku White City Office Building, 8th floor.
The participation fee for each module is AZN 750 exclusive of VAT. Payments should be made upfront via bank transfer to the Deloitte bank account.
Individuals who register for more than one module will be offered a 20% discount on each additional module they choose to take.
Group attendance discount of 20% is applicable to each additional employee of one Company registered for one module.
Individuals who register by the 13th of October will be offered 10% discount on each module.
In case of the trainee is eligible for more than one discount from the above list, only the highest discount will be applied.
Coffee breaks will be served during the training sessions.
Deadline to register for this training is 22 November 2018.
The trainings will be conducted in Azerbaijani.