IFRS 16: Leases
12 February 2020
You are cordially invited to attend our IFRS 16 practical training, where:
· We will go through the decision tree and discuss key features for identifying a lease contract, specifically:
‒ Identified asset;
‒ Right to obtain substantially all of the economic benefits; and
‒ Control over the use of asset;
· We will talk about different components of the lease contracts and how these components should be separated and accounted for;
· We will go over key features of lease contracts, such as lease payments, lease term, and discount rate, and discuss key judgments in determining them;
· We will talk about lease accounting for initial recognition of a right-of-use asset and a lease liability, and subsequent accounting thereof; and
· We will then look at transition requirements and exemptions.
The course will be held in Azerbaijani, but presentation files will be prepared in
English. Facilitators will use finance terminology in English.
Participation fee per individual: AZN 800 (VAT excluded).
Date: 12 February 2020
Time: 09:30–18:00 (check-in starts at 09:00)
Venue: Baku, White City Office Building, 25E Nobel ave., Baku
To register, please contact Nargiz Ibrahimova by phone +994124041210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.