Deloitte at Davos 2013
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting
How is Davos making an impact on global business? Deloitte’s participation at the World Economic Forum at Davos is aimed at shaping the conversation about the global issues affecting business and the societies in which we operate.
The Annual Meeting in Davos is an incredible convening center for global stakeholders and an opportunity to share perspectives on the issues facing global business and beyond. Last year, Deloitte focused on innovation and the importance and impact of business and innovation in kickstarting economies. Deloitte introduced InnovationLive (#innovationlive), a new conversation around business, innovation, and the impact on society. This is a discussion about business in the wider fabric of society, and how it helps improve lives and drive progress. Key to facilitating this change is inspiring and engaging the Millennial generation–the people who will be at the forefront of building a prosperous, sustainable society for the future.
DTTL Global CEO Barry Salzberg joined the Deloitte delegation at Davos, which also included:
- Joe Echevarria, CEO, Deloitte LLP in the United States
- Yoriko Goto, Managing Partner, Financial Services Industry, Deloitte Japan
- Alain Pons, CEO, Deloitte France
- David Sproul, CEO, Deloitte UK
Fostering Entrepreneurial Innovation
On Thursday, 24 January, Global CEO Barry Salzberg participated in “Fostering Entrepreneurial Innovation”, a panel discussion on how corporations are fostering entrepreneurial innovation in a low-growth environment.
Dimensions addressed included:
- Thinking beyond industry boundaries
- Crowdsourcing from the marketplace
- Building capacity for disruption
Moderated by: Daniel Isenberg, Professor of Entrepreneurship Practice, Babson Global, Babson College, USA
Additional panel participants:
- Marc R. Benioff, Chairman and Cheif Executive Officer, Salesfore.com, United States
- Fabrice Brégier, President and Chief Executive Officer, Airbus, France
- Clayton Christensen, Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, United States
- André Kudelski, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Kudelski Group, Switzerland
Deloitte Industry teams from Financial Services, Consumer Business, and Life Sciences and Health Care were official advisors to the Forum’s Industry Partnerships program, sharing intellectual capital and contributing research to various project initiatives. Deloitte global industry leaders attending Davos participated in high-level discussions and offered thought leaderships pieces on current global issues.
Deloitte sponsored several Industy Project sessions at Davos, including:
- Risk & Responsibility in a Hyperconnected World, led by Jolyon Barker, DTTL Global Leader, Technology, Media & Telecommunications; Friday 25 January
- Mainstreaming Impact Investing, led by Chris Harvey, DTTL Global Leader, Financial Services; Thursday 24 January
- Manufacturing for Growth, led by Craig Giffi, Manufacturing Leader, Deloitte US; Thursday 24 January