FBiH Rulebook on Amendments to the Rulebook on the Registration and Enrolment in the Single Register of Indirect Taxpayers
Tax news, September 2016
In this issue: FBiH Rulebook on Amendments to the Rulebook on the Registration and Enrolment in the Single Register of Indirect Taxpayers
FBiH Rulebook on Amendments to the Rulebook on the Registration and Enrolment in the Single Register of Indirect Taxpayers (“Rulebook) has been published on 13.09.2016 in the Official Gazette of BiH, no. 68/16. The Rulebook enters into force on 21.09.2016.
The procedures of registration and enrolment in the Single Register of Indirect Taxpayers, procedures of deregistration and procedures of data change in the Register, which have not been completed before 21.09.2016., shall be completed pursuant to the provisions of the Rulebook.
The most important changes introduced by the Rulebook are as follows:
- Rights and obligations of an entity, which generated in the previous calendar year or generates in the current calendar year a taxable turnover that exceeds the amount of BAM 50,000, based on VAT registration are determined from the following day relative to the day when the mentioned turnover was generated. Previously effective Rulebook prescribed that rights and obligations based on VAT registration are determined from the first day of the following month relative to the month in which the threshold of BAM 50,000 was exceeded.
- The terms for voluntary VAT registration for entities that are not obligated to register have been deleted.
- The list of documentation directly submitted together with the request for VAT registration to the Indirect Taxation Authority („ITA“) has been amended;
- Additional circumstances under which the ITA can undertake adequate insurance measures in the sense of conditions for allowing registration or allowing re-registration have been defined;
- Additional circumstances after which the ITA is authorized to, based on official duty, initiate a proceeding of cessation of VAT registration have been defined;
- The obligations of a registered VAT taxpayer in the process of deregistration in relation to correction of input VAT on all capital goods, calculation and payment of VAT on all goods that will be retained upon cessation of operations, and in relation to settlement of all indirect tax liabilities and delivery of evidence to the ITA within 15 days from the day of information on the initiation of the process of VAT deregistration, have been defined in more detail;
- The authorization to the ITA to withdraw the ID number in a case when the process of deregistration of a taxpayer that terminated its operations is initiated has been introduced, in a case when such process cannot be completed due to unsettled liabilities of a taxpayer based on indirect taxes, other contributions and dues, and in a case of deregistration process of a taxpayer for which auditing control had not been conducted when an entity was registered as VAT taxpayer for which it was probable that it will exceed the threshold of BAM 50,000, and that turnover has not been generated.
If you have any questions concerning this publication, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Tax & Legal Practice
T: +387 (0)33 277 560
M: +387 (0)61 796 067
Tax, Legal & BPS Services
T: +387 (0)33 277 560
M: : +387 61 396 047