The Goddard Building
Tara is a Director in the Barbados office with over twelve years of experience in providing tax and audit services. Tara currently provides tax compliance and advisory services to clients in the domestic, regional and international markets. Tara’s experience includes the preparation of the corporation tax returns and financial statements tax notes for a number of clients across various industries including, hotels, banks, insurance companies, manufacturing companies etc. She has managed several multinational clients with presence in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean, and she is the Deloitte Global Coordinator for Barbados and the Caribbean.
Tara has assisted companies with corporate governance including ensuring clients meet their statutory and recently substance requirements in Barbados and Eastern Caribbean. She has:
- Extensive experience in Barbados and Eastern Caribbean tax compliance and tax accounting under IFRS.
- Knowledge of tax laws in Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean and Jamaica as well as international taxation
- Experience with the evaluation of tax structures to highlight any tax inefficiencies including providing insights and recommendations.
- Experience leading tax compliance engagements for a number of multinational operating in multiple jurisdictions in the Caribbean
- Experience coordinating a number of tax engagements in the Caribbean
Education and Professional Designations:
- Advanced Professional Certificate in International Taxation (APCIT)
- Fellow, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (FCCA)
- Certified Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA)
- Bsc in Banking and Finance