Deloitte recognized as a global leader in Financial Distress and Recovery Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 17 October 2017 — Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has named it as a global leader in Financial Distress and Recovery Consulting. In the report, entitled Financial Distress and Recovery Consulting 2017, Tomek Jankowski, Senior Analyst, Lead for Finance Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte stands out because of its size and global reach, as well as the dedicated team within its Corporate Restructuring Group, combined with expert services provided through other corporate finance and transactions areas, including its Mergers & Acquisitions practice.”
“In moments of business change, underperformance or even distress, companies must quickly diagnose the root causes and rapidly devise action plans to address their needs and the needs of all stakeholders,” said Michael Epstein, Global Managing Principal for Deloitte Restructuring Services. “Performance imbalances may be operational (profit and loss) or financial/debt (balance sheet) related and can be triggered by a wide variety of events, sometimes outside of the company’s control,”
Epstein continued, “In all cases, hands-on support from local restructuring professionals who understand the local context and required remedies, and industry specialists who can apply discrete sector knowledge to such situations, is a fundamental requirement. As a global network, Deloitte’s footprint and access to industry specialists allows us to quickly mobilize around clients’ needs, whether they are corporates, investors, lenders or other stakeholders, and to work collaboratively to deliver turnaround solutions.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for Financial Distress & Recovery consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, Financial Distress and Recovery Consulting is defined as “the classic turnaround & restructuring phase of what ALM Intelligence defines as the financial crisis management series competencies. This series begins with the investigative phase, or financial forensic investigation, which leads into the litigation phase, or disputes & litigation consulting. The third and final phase (given that the Financial Management Consulting Research team focuses on financial crisis management specifically) is financial distress and recovery.”
- “Deloitte’s data and analytics capabilities in M&A – which are delivered through their iDeal product and other well-developed software and IT capabilities within its Financial Advisory group – enable Deloitte to effectively deploy resources during corporate recovery engagements.”
- “Most of Deloitte’s financial & recovery services are housed within its Financial Transactions unit. Services are broken out among the Accounting & Reporting Transformation (complex accounting issues, capital markets transactions, interest rates and currency & commodity risks), Valuations & Modeling, Corporate Restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Securitization groups.”
- “The Corporate Restructuring group includes capabilities related to turnaround/interim management, performance improvement, restructuring advisory, bankruptcy accounting & compliance, lender/creditor advisory, and fiduciary. Bankruptcies are also supported through Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC.”
- “Deloitte rounds out its distress and recovery coverage with robust Risk and Regulatory & Compliance practices, coupled with its traditional strength in working seamlessly across practice areas.”
- “Deloitte has one of the most well-rounded distress and recovery offerings, complete with its legal and investment banking services, and one of the top strategy consulting teams among the Big Four.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories bringing world-class capabilities, insights and service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 264,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
Tel: +1 212 436 4325