Deloitte named a leader in U.S. Systems Integrators Serving the Federal Government by IDC MarketScape
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 10 March 2017 — Deloitte announced today that International Data Corporation (IDC) has named it as a leader in U.S. Systems Integrators Serving the Federal Government in their report entitled, IDC MarketScape: U.S. Systems Integrators Serving the Federal Government 2016 Vendor Assessment¹. The IDC MarketScape recognizes Deloitte as a leader based on capabilities and strategies.
Specifically, for Deloitte, the report noted, “Deloitte's government clients rate the Digital Studios highly for providing the digital lab experience of transformative technologies such as 3D printing and virtual reality as well as providing immersive experiences in the company's Greenhouse concept.”
IDC MarketScape is a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace and help anticipate the vendor's ascendancy. The report assesses the capability and business strategy of the leading business consulting firms.
"Many of the system integrators (SIs) in this study are enabling their government clients to achieve mission outcomes through deploying cybersecurity and all 3rd Platform technologies," said Adelaide O'Brien, research director, IDC Government Insights. "SIs are helping in making that transition through applying proven methodology and tools, commercial best practices, and innovation labs that employ human-centric service design principles in immersive experiences.”
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
+1 212 436 4325
- “It is important that SIs have the ability to provide 3rd Platform technologies to their government clients as deployment can help transform how government organizations operate, the way that they engage with citizens, and the types and breadth of programs that are provided. Deloitte has enabled its government clients to achieve mission outcomes in all the 3rd Platform technologies.”
- “Deloitte's capabilities include providing software applications both on premise and as a service. Deloitte also provides practices that support multiple specific government domains.”
- “In addition to the standard project delivery models deployed by SIs, Deloitte utilizes alternative delivery models such as its Digital Studio, U.S. Delivery Center (USDC), Deloitte Analytics Visualization Studio (Viz Studio), and network of Deloitte Greenhouses.”
- “Deloitte has plans to provide specific U.S. federal government practices that provide professional services for all of the IDC-identified innovation accelerators and presently has an artificial intelligence/cognitive practice focused on cognitive analytics and systems.”
- “Since 2014, Deloitte has had an alliance with APX Labs, a software developer for Smart Glasses. Deloitte has an IoT practice and is helping agencies improve the quality of printing and testing and quality assurance.”
- “Deloitte is shaping offerings for government that will monitor supply chains and the environment as well as energy efficiencies.”
- “Deloitte also has alliances with 3D Systems and universities such as MIT Media Lab to assist government clients in deploying robotics and drones to enhance the safety, precision, management, and efficiency of government services.”
- “IDC rates Deloitte highly for its cost management strategy for the benefit of its clients and its implementation of 3rd Platform technologies, particularly its Big Data and analytics support of federal agencies that is being employed in the detection, prevention, and prosecution of money laundering, tax evasion, securities fraud, and financing of terrorists and drug traffickers.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
¹IDC, “IDC MarketScape: U.S. Systems Integrators Serving the Federal Government 2016 Vendor Assessment,” (Doc US41687116) by Adelaide O’Brien, August 2016.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360 degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 245,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.