Deloitte named most impactful to clients and deepest in Corporate Treasury Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 25 October 2017—Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has named it as a global leader in corporate treasury consulting. In the report, entitled Corporate Treasury Consulting 2017, Tomek Jankowski, Senior Analyst, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte has gone furthest in putting the corporate treasury into a broader client company context, looking not just at treasury functions, but at the treasury from the CFO perspective.”
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
Tel: +1 212 436 4325
“Being ranked the leader in corporate treasury consulting by ALM as No. 1 in client impact, No. 1 in depth, and No. 2 in breadth of services is a key achievement. The most progressive companies are now linking corporate strategy to how their finance teams operate. Deloitte encourages and enables the treasurers we serve to be the catalyst for corporate strategy that their companies need them to be” said Deloitte Global Treasury Leader Melissa Cameron.
“Particularly gratifying was the feedback from clients. Deloitte has differentiated itself in the M&A treasury deals space and in cross-border execution” said Deloitte US Treasury Leader Carina Ruiz-Singh.
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for corporate treasury consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
Additional Findings From the Report
- “Deloitte’s vision for the corporate treasury is among the most progressive in terms of focusing on treasury’s role in company strategy and its ability to help the CFO fulfill his/her agenda.”
- “Deloitte triangulates between treasurers, the CFO, and the board, moving between the minutiae of treasury functionality and the growth strategy of the CFO and board with risk and finance to help treasurers become the catalyst for company goals their company needs them to be.”
- “An emerging area important for the treasury space has been treasury in M&A, helping client treasury departments cope with the deal process, develop a business global model strategy for treasury, and ultimately integrating (or disentangling) treasury functions; Deloitte has a strong showing for treasury in the deals space.”
- “Deloitte has gone the furthest in putting the Corporate Treasury into a broader client company context.”
- “Deloitte particularly targets global clients with the strongest cross-border capabilities in treasury services. The four major areas of focus include treasury strategy, operations, and technology; capital markets, corporate finance, and investor relations; risk management, FX, interest rate, and commodities; and securitization, and insurance and captives.”
- “While all the Big Four firms are developing a cross-disciplinary, integrated team service delivery model, Deloitte has brought this concept the furthest, allowing Deloitte to deploy and manage resources very effectively, particularly in cross-border treasury projects.”
- “Deloitte’s treasury offering is housed in its Risk and Financial Advisory practice with a focus on governance, processes, models, data and technology, and reporting related to capital, liquidity and treasury risk management.”
- “Deloitte is able to bring to bear its tax, securitization, legal, digital, transaction and management consulting capabilities.”
- “The risk element to Deloitte’s approach comes in the form of liquidity risk management, which is a key underlying theme in Deloitte’s Treasury services.”
- “With clients, Deloitte triangulates between the treasurer, the CFO, and the board in addressing treasury needs and driving treasury transformation. Deloitte has a ladder approach to treasury problems and escalates from treasury operations (cash management, pooling, BRM, funding) to financial risk management, in-house banking, treasury analytics and insights, and responding to disruptors (process automation, machine learning, and new payment technologies).”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories bringing world-class capabilities, insights and service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 264,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.