Deloitte recognized as a global leader in Finance Operations Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 25 May 2018—Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has ranked it as a global leader in the report, entitled Finance Operations Consulting 2018. On Finance Operations Consulting, Tomek Jankowski, Senior Analyst, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Where Deloitte truly shines is its digital strategy and ability to help gigantic international clients develop a coherent, compliant, risk-inclusive finance framework.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for Finance Operations consulting providers focusing on capability drivers and the provider landscape, which includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, Finance Operation consulting services is defined as “consulting that directly affects client finance departments across all service lines (and industries).”
- “Deloitte’s approach to finance bears a strong technology and process improvement imprint as the [network] focuses heavily on digital and analytics to foster functional optimization in finance for clients, ultimately geared around finance excellence. Services include digital finance strategy, finance service delivery models, M&A finance, finance operations improvement, business finance analytics, and finance in the cloud. Treasury-related services (e.g., governance, processes, models, data and technology, reporting related to capital, liquidity and treasury risk management) fall under financial risk for Deloitte, while securitization, restructuring and transaction services also come under the Financial Risk, Transactions & Restructuring practice domain. These latter services often include clients a notch or so below in size compared to the more global finance excellence clients. Tax advisory and M&A come under their respective practices.”
- “Deloitte’s focus on transactional and process improvement - optimization - feeds into its broader CFO alignment service focus that seeks to help clients both maximize the CFO’s visibility into finance functions as well as better support that CFO’s decision-making capabilities.”
- “Most of Deloitte’s finance operations-related services are housed in the Finance Transformation group within the Strategy & Operations practice. Some services around controls (including Deloitte’s Center for Controllership™), M&A services, Global Treasury Advisory Services, Securitization and fund raising, the Deloitte Corporate Restructuring Group (Deloitte CRG), which are all contained under Financial Risk, Transactions and Restructuring group in the Risk & Financial Advisory practice (as are some technical accounting advisory services). Deloitte’s Tax practice and its M&A practice also harbor finance operations services.”
- “Deloitte doesn’t shy away from the heavy, complex tech deals involving SAP or ERP-enablement, finance tech transformation, often going head-to-head with the large IT and SI firms.”
- “Deloitte bakes strategy into its (finance excellence) deals, but the core punch is from a strong finance and operational excellence standpoint, supported by Risk, followed closely by the [network’s] deep analytics capabilities brought to bear through its myriad of proprietary data and analytics tools.”
- “Digital transformation has also become a key component for finance excellence clients. The [network] has an extensive strategic CFO offering and has been a leader in helping corporate CFOs assume greater responsibility for the reporting, risk and more integrated strategy many finance departments are embracing.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Tel: +1 312 486 1569