Deloitte recognized as a global leader in pricing consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 13 June 2018—ALM Intelligence has ranked Deloitte as a global leader in its report, entitled Pricing Consulting 2017. On pricing consulting, Nathan Simon, Senior Director, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte combines extensive experience serving diverse clients in a variety of market conditions with a nuanced point of view on the critical disruptive forces that will impact pricing in the future.”
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for pricing consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, “pricing captures the value from sales through pricing strategy, execution, management platform, and infrastructure.”
- “Combining the scale and diversity of its multi-service platform with specialized pricing resources, Deloitte is notable for its ability to drive pricing performance in
highlyvaried sector and market contexts. The [network’s] extensive pricing experience and substantial investments contribute to particular strengths in bringing to bear external market insights and plumbing clients’ pricing operating systems.”
- “Deloitte offers services through a dedicated ricing and Profitability management practice organized within the customer arm of Monitor Deloitte. Deloitte has progressively extended the core of this practice (formed around the Strategic Pricing Group acquired by Monitor Group in 2005) to adjacent service areas, including broader revenue management, digital and customer experience, growth strategy, marketing, and analytics.”
- “Deloitte supports this practice with a Center of Excellence through which it directs internal capability building and investments in intellectual property. The heart of the Deloitte’s consulting approach is its Pricing Excellence model, which captures what Deloitte considers to be the six core pricing competencies: pricing strategy, data analytics, technology, organization, process and policy, and regulatory & transfer pricing.”
- “For Deloitte, the essential need is to transition beyond an exclusive focus on one or another area to comprehensive capability building in all six areas. Deloitte combines a survey-based diagnostic with a sector-based maturity model to evaluate client capabilities in each of the six competencies. At the same time, the [network] uses its “value cascade” framework to quantify gaps in value creation and capture as a basis for targeting service delivery at different capability areas.”
- “Deloitte’s solution design activities cluster in three areas: analytics, best practice processes
andorganization, and technology that can accelerate analytics and integrate the entire lead-to-cash process flow, including configure-price-quote (CPQ).”
arethree notable attributes of this [network’s] service delivery model. One is the extensive use of its Polaris tool developed around its point of view on the six core pricing competencies for pricing analytics and performance management. Another is the [network’s] investment in relationships with third-party vendors and associated templates to help clients implement technology faster. The third is Deloitte’s commitment to building client capabilities, which it fosters through transition labs for new pricing leaders, boot camps hosted at client sites or its Deloitte University facilities, and on-site SWAT teams for coaching.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories