Financial Times US Healthcare & Life Sciences Summit
Bending the Cost Curve: Promise and Prospects
This industry-leading event from the FT, with the support of Deloitte, brings together executives from health care and life sciences companies, emerging industry entrants and other major players across the health care value chain to review the latest health care reforms, discuss digital transformation in the health care space, and strategies that can help stakeholders thrive in this disruptive space.
10 May 2018 | The Westin, Times Square | New York
The life sciences and health care industry is making new strides with continuous innovations in this scientific and technological space. Research and development (R&D) is pushing boundaries to build biosimilars, gene therapies, and other advanced therapies that hold the capabilities to cure even the most serious health conditions. Digitalization is spurring the growth in the industry, contributing to revolutionary inventions in digital medicine. Exponential technologies—artificial intelligence (AI), cognitive technologies, and robotics—are all transforming different stages of the value chain in the life sciences and health care ecosystem, from building strong R&D to early stage diagnosis and prevention. With such an evolving and disruptive space, health care costs are also bound to rise exorbitantly. It will be interesting to see how these factors will impact the future of health care systems and how providers, payers, and other stakeholders strategize to improve care delivery.
25 percent registration discount
(Use code DEL25 when registering)
To register for the summit and learn about the speakers, agenda, and topics, visit:
- On 10 May at 1:50pm, Kenneth Abrams, Managing Director, Physician Executive, Deloitte Consulting, will be speaking on the Physician’s Panel about the new age scientific and technological breakthroughs that are set to transform the future of clinical care and the fast changing financial and business models.
- On 10 May at 3.50pm, Mike DeLone, US Life Sciences Consulting Leader, Deloitte will moderate the Digital Transformation session that will have speakers discuss the impact of AI on human health, its cost implications, and how it will shape the future workforce. The session will also focus on the regulatory challenges associated with the adoption of AI.
Questions that will be addressed at the FT US Health care and Life sciences Summit:
- What do digital medicines mean to the life sciences and health care industry?
- What are the alternative pricing and financing models that can make new treatments affordable and accessible?
- What implications can health care reforms have on the interface with the patient in the clinic, or with a doctor on the digital platform?
- Can biosimilars be treated as therapeutic equivalents? How will drug prices vary as biosimilars enter the market?
- How can AI impact the clinical trial management and the future of drug development processes?
Other Key speakers:
- Scott Gottlieb, Commissioner, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Heather Bresch, Chief Executive Officer, Mylan
- Elias Zerhouni, President, Global Research & Development, Sanofi
- William Carson, President & CEO, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization
- Steven Corwin, President and CEO, New York-Presbyterian
- Steven Collis, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, AmerisourceBergen Corporation
- Jean-Jacques Bienamé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, BioMarin
- Tom Frieden, President and CEO, Resolve
- Jenny Alltoft, Head of Global Biosimilars, Pfizer
- John Baldoni, Senior Vice President, Platform Technology & Science, GSK Pharma R&D
- Robert Grossman, Dean and CEO, NYU Langone Health
- Tom Stanis, Head of Engineering, Verily Life Sciences
- Eric Perakslis, Chief Scientific Officer, Datavant
Deloitte’s thinking around issues impacting the life sciences and health care industry
2018 Global health care sector outlook
2018 Global life sciences sector outlook
Digital R&D: Transforming the future of clinical development
The future awakens: Life Sciences and Health Care Predictions 2022
As biosimilars enter the US market, will they be used, and can they reduce spending?
The digital hospital of the future
Six physician alignment strategies for health systems: Key findings from interviews with US health system executives
The digital hospital of the future
In 10 years, technology may change the face of global health care delivery
A new future for R&D?
Measuring the return from pharmaceutical innovation 2017