Ace your exams! has been saved
Life at Deloitte
Ace your exams!
Achieve your goals with these wellbeing tips.
At Deloitte we place great importance in wellbeing. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle isn’t always easy, especially when you work in a fast-paced environment, which is why we launched Energise@Deloitte, our internal wellbeing programme. Designed to give our people access to a wide range of activities, such as major sports events and yoga workshops, and provide training, nutrition and health advice, Energise@Deloitte also offers a fun way for our people to connect, build team spirit and find a balance. To help you prepare for exam success, we are delighted to share some of our top tips to prevent stress, achieve goals and improve concentration.
To improve your stress resilience:
- Find the time to relax – take a break and have a bath, listen to music or go for a walk, whatever helps you refocus and feel energised.
- Develop a good sleeping pattern – try to go to sleep at the same time and sleep the same number of hours every night.
- Maintain healthy eating habits – make sure that you eat enough, have three light meals a day and regular light snacks such as yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Enjoy regular exercise – even a simple 20-minute walk can clear the mind and reduce stress. And the same stretching exercises that help relax your muscles after a hard workout will help relax your mind as well.
Concentrating while studying can be hard, so:
- Choose an appropriate environment – it is a good idea to eliminate distractions as much as possible, so you can concentrate on what's in front of you.
- Gather all of your studying materials – keep things like notes, textbooks, study guides, highlighters, water or anything else you might need close so you can concentrate.
- Unplug from technology – turn off any electronics that you don't need, especially mobile phones and music listening devices.
- Stick to a routine – make a schedule and stick to it. Studying will become a habit, making you more likely to follow through on study plans.
While sitting at your computer studying, remember to:
- Give your eyes a rest – focus on an object at a distance for a few minutes to give your eyes a break.
- Pay attention to your posture – generally, correct posture means having your legs and elbows at 90 degrees, your back straight and supported, and your feet flat on the floor.
- Get up and move around – don’t sit for too long in any one place. Put on some music and dance for 10 minutes, do some stretching, go for a 20-minute walk, or go chat with a friend.
Boost your brainpower
What you eat and drink makes a great difference, so:
- Choose nutritious foods – especially those that have been proven to aid concentration and memory like fish, nuts, seeds, yogurt and blueberries.
- Eat a good meal before the exam – choose foods that will provide a slow release of energy throughout.
- Avoid sugar – your energy levels will crash an hour or so later.
- Keep drinking plenty of water – being well hydrated is essential for your brain to work at its best.