The Deloitte Foundation
The cornerstone of our commitment to society
The Deloitte Foundation brings together a series of societal projects in which we collaborate with strategic partners, both in Belgium and abroad. These projects focus on education, innovation and entrepreneurship – areas that express Deloitte’s culture as a coaching and learning organisation, and make the best use of our skills so that our efforts can have a greater impact.
At Deloitte Belgium, we fully appreciate that business has a crucial role in building a better society. This is why Corporate Responsibility is fundamental to our business strategy and is also an integral part of the decisions we make every day. We seek to make an impact that matters in all that we do.
Piet Vandendriessche, CEO Deloitte Belgium
Our vision is to be “the distinctive firm to work with and for”, defined by the impact we have on the success and reputation of our clients and the broader contribution we make to the society in which we operate. As the cornerstone of our commitment to society, the Deloitte Foundation oversees our firm’s corporate responsibility strategy and provides added visibility to the series of projects in which we are proud to participate.
The nature of the support offered by Deloitte varies depending on the project, and ranges from feedback on business plans and serving on competition juries to providing equipment and expertise.
Our key partners
- Close the Gap helps bridge the digital divide by offering high-quality refurbished computers to IT projects in emerging countries throughout the world. Deloitte provides support with equipment and expertise.
- Fund Isaan established by Deloitte partner Rony Wuytjens, is active in one of the poorest regions in Thailand, where education is often a low priority. It provides computers and training, sends volunteers to assist local teachers with English classes, and offers scholarships to young people who demonstrate high potential.
- Qhubeka provides bicycles to students in rural Africa, giving them the tools to access education and to make their own path in life. Deloitte Global and Deloitte Belgium are proud to support the charity’s #BicyclesChangeLives campaign.
- VLAJO / Les Jeunes Entreprises enables students to develop entrepreneurial skills and prepare for working life through simulation exercises in which they experience how to run their own company. Deloitte provides feedback on business plans, serves on competition juries, advises the initiative’s management and offers a Deloitte Innovation Award.
- Bright Future is an initiative of Beface, an organisation initiated by GDF-Suez and now supported by many large companies. The project offers coaching sessions to underprivileged, high-potential university students in order to help them with their first career steps. The students are selected by the social departments of their respective universities and Bright Future matches the student with the coach.
- Caring for Entrepreneurship Fund (CEF) provides support for practical initiatives which are likely to serve as a catalyst for social, scientific or cultural innovation. The CEF was set up in December 2008 to encourage entrepreneurial initiatives that improve well-being in the health-care sector, along with in front of living conditions and support for patients and their families. The CEF is managed by the King Baudouin Foundation and Deloitte provides support and expertise to selected projects.
- The Shift, formerly known as Business Society, is the leading network for companies striving to shape a sustainable society. A centre of expertise and exchange, it aims to co-create inclusive, green and responsible business. Deloitte Belgium joined Business & Society Belgium in 2005 and held a seat on the Executive Committee between 2008 and 2015.
Business & Society
Business & Society is the leading network for companies that strive to shape a sustainable society together with a variety of stakeholders. The organisation aims to be a centre of expertise for its members and a platform for exchange of information and experience. Its vision is to co-create inclusive, green and responsible business for a sustainable society.
Deloitte Belgium has been a member of Business & Society Belgium since 2005 and has held a seat on the Executive Committee since 2008.