SME Compass 2016 has been saved
SME Compass 2016
Financial performance of the most important industry sectors
The SME Compass 2016 provides a historic picture of the way Belgian SMEs have performed financially over the past years.
- The financial performance of some important sectors
- The financial performance per company age
- The financial performance by FTE
Out of the nearly 5.000 SMEs for which Deloitte Accountancy compiles the annual accounts and draws up business economic and financial analyses, a peer group of more than 2.500 representative companies whose most recent financial year has closed between 30 September 2015 and 31 March 2016 was selected.
For the twelfth consecutive year, the SME Compass calculates nine financial key indicators representing four different aspects of financial management: financial structure and repayment capacity, liquidity and working capital management, added value and labor intensity and finally, profitability.
Furthermore, the survey does not work with averages but with median and quartile values. Please find an overview of the nine key ratios in the brochure download on the right, including a detail per industry group and some important industry subgroups, a detail per age group as well as some detailed figures in relation to the size of the companies (FTE) value in the last 2 years.
The financial performance of some important sector
Following sectors and subsectors are represented in the report:
- IT (Technical advice, Transport & logistics, Insurance)
- Trade (Wholesale, Retail)
- Industry (Graphical industry, Wood, Plastics & chemicals, Metal, Textile)
The financial performance by FTE (personnel)
Following categories are displayed in the report:
- Personnel: category 0 FTE
- Personnel: category1-10 FTE
- Personnel: category 11-50 FTE
- Personnel: category >50 FTE