IFRS Practical Update Seminar 2019
Watch the aftermovie
The 13th edition of the IFRS Practical Update Seminar organised by the Brussels IFRS/IPSAS Centre of Excellence of Deloitte held on Friday 25 October 2019 was a great success.
25 October 2019 | 10:00 - 17:00
Watch out the aftermovie
Topics on the agenda
The seminar will review in detail the final and draft IFRS developments over the last 12 months and the new financial reporting requirements becoming effective in the short term, as well as the evolutions in the environment of Belgian groups that can have an impact on their financial reporting, including:
- Considerations on the consequences of climate change on financial reporting, including in terms of impairment and disclosures
- A consolidation update elaborating on the new definition of a business, reflecting on the potential consequences of the new Belgian Company Code and making a status on the IASB research project on goodwill and impairment
- An income tax update presenting the recent draft amendments to IAS 12 as well as the principles on the recognition and measurement of DTA arising from unused tax losses in the light of the recent ESMA Public Statement in that respect and the new income tax law introducing in Belgium the concept of a tax consolidation
- A regulatory update focusing on the latest enforcement decisions and (expected) enforcement priorities from the European and Belgian regulators
- The recent draft amendments to IAS 37 with respect to onerous contracts as well as the recent guidance on recognition and measurement of provisions under Belgian GAAP
- An update on financial instruments, including on the consequences of the IBOR reform
- Practical considerations on the transition to the new standard on leasing (IFRS 16), including the recent evolutions in the interpretation of the lease term, the interaction with impairment testing, the treatment of deferred taxes, benchmark disclosures for annual report,…
- Other final and draft IFRS developments, including on the definition of materiality and accounting policies, as well as the relevant IFRIC agenda decisions
This seminar is of particular relevance for preparers of IFRS financial statements and CFOs who have to strategically manage financial reporting developments.