Deloitte University | Deloitte Belgium | Careers | Life at Deloitte has been added to your bookmarks.
Life at Deloitte
A place for current Deloitte leaders to inspire and develop the next generation
As part of our commitment to learning, which is a distinctive element of our talent experience, Deloitte Belgium is excited to be part of a new Deloitte initiative, the Deloitte University EMEA. The DU EMEA curriculum will deliver cutting-edge learning that will develop the next generation of international business leaders and advisers.
- Be … part of an international network
- Be … part of an inspirational network
- About Deloitte University EMEA
Be … part of an international network
Deloitte University EMEA, launched in December 2013, offers a curriculum of leadership and business skills training developed by and for Deloitte member firms across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The trainings will be conducted by some of our senior leaders and will provide our people with the essential tools necessary to adapt to the ever-changing needs of our profession. They will also provide a unique opportunity to network and build strong relationships within our firm.
In choosing a venue to be the “home” of DU EMEA, Dolce La Hulpe on the outskirts of Brussels provided an excellent and inspirational setting for the innovative DUE programmes. The accessibility of Brussels by air and public transportation, particularly international high-speed rail, made this cosmopolitan city with a variety of cultures, styles and nationalities the ideal location for this innovative initiative.
"Investing in Deloitte staff to develop innovative leaders that will help clients operate in today’s complex marketplace"
Jorrit Volkers, Dean, DU EMEA
Be … part of an inspirational network
The launch of the facility was made official with twenty Deloitte EMEA region CEOs signing a commitment to Deloitte University, representing each member firms’ ongoing commitment to the facility and curriculum.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited Global CEO Barry Salzberg spoke about the history and importance of Deloitte University, and the journey he began in 2007, as the original champion of Deloitte University in Westlake, Texas, USA.
Finally, the audience was electrified by an address delivered by Sir Bob Geldof, world famous musician and activist. Geldof inspired the audience by encouraging them to both lead and collaborate, reflecting on his experiences as a driver of change in Africa through his work as the founder of Live Aid and Live 8, two global movements focused on eliminating hunger and poverty on the continent.
“If you want to affect change, you must lead. Then, do what you can, but also use who and what you are for greater effect.”
Sir Bob Geldof, Musician and activist
About Deloitte University EMEA
- DU EMEA was developed through a partnership among member firms in the region including South Africa, Belgium, Central Europe, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Luxembourg, and Austria.
- In FY14, nearly 4,000 people are expected to participate in the DU EMEA curriculum. In FY14 in Belgium, more than 200 participants will participate in DU EMEA centrally-based training. Participation is expected to more than double in the next 3 years.
- DU EMEA participation is expected to be close to 10,000 training days in FY14, rising to at least 30,000 training days annually in the next three years. Training programmes include sessions organised centrally, locally or virtually (online).
- In FY13, learning programmes delivered at DU Westlake, Texas, USA increased the organisation’s investment in learning and development by 40 percent.