Join Deloitte

How to apply for Audit? 

Discover how to join the team

Who are we looking for within Audit?

Obtaining a degree is one thing, it is your entry ticket when applying.
 However when you start a career, you start with only 10% knowledge. The other 90% will be thought by your colleagues and by experience. Therefore we are looking for people who are able to analyse complex financial information, but also get under the skin of a company's culture and understand the big picture. You've got to be able to communicate well with people, but be professionally sceptical.

How to apply?

Upload your resume and motivational letter via our career section. Try to complete the requirements as accurate as possible. The more information you provide, the better our recruiter can guide you throughout the recruitment process.

Join our team

Apply now

Selection process

Once you have applied for Audit, your application will be evaluated by Caroline Crab (Recruiter Audit). She will give you a quick call to test your motivation and language skills. If you are given the thumbs up, you will be invited to one of the selection days. During the Audit selection day, you will solve a business case in team; where a real life experience is simulated. Soft skills such as team play, communication, logical thinking and presentation skills will be assessed. 

During the interviews, focus will be on your resume, past experiences (e.g. studies, student jobs) and technical skills you might already have acquired. In order to evaluate this, several interviews with HR, business & partner will be scheduled, where every interviewer focuses on different competencies. In comparison to the orientation call, we will elaborate further on your resume, motivation and practicalities.

We aim to provide the interview feedback within one week. Regardless of the outcome, we thrive to provide everyone with personal feedback by phone.

As a final step, an offer will be made where we provide the details and conditions of the contract. You will receive an invitation for the contract signing at our Deloitte offices.

Audit selection day

During the Audit selection day, you will solve a business case in team; where a real life experience is simulated.

How to prepare yourself?

Tip #1: Do your homework

We're impressed when candidates have taken the time to do some research and learn about us. Since you are here on this site, you obviously find value in this too. Take a look around and learn as much as you can. Being prepared will also minimise your anxiety.

Tip #2: Make an impact

Dress for the occasion. The rule is, when in doubt, overdress. Recent trends have dictated business-casual attire, but it's still appropriate to wear a business suit. If you mean business, show us. And remember…it's not always what you say, but how you present yourself that makes an impression. Be sure to shake hands firmly and maintain eye contact. During the interview, sit up and stay focused. If your mind starts to wander, it shows. You can only make once a first impression.

Tip #3: Be confident

Composure in the business world is crucial. And an interview is a good measurement of how you handle pressure. You don't want to appear too nervous. At the same time, don't be too relaxed. Maintain an appropriate level of professionalism without being unapproachable. The best advice is to be yourself. You're an outgoing, likeable person. Let that come through in your interview. We're looking for individuals who will thrive in our team-based environment.

Tip #4: Ask questions

When you want to learn more about who we are and what we do, it lets us know you're interested. Depending on what you ask, it may also prove you've done your homework. Before the interview, make sure you've prepared a list of questions that we may not have addressed.

Tip #5: Sell yourself

Your qualifications got you in the door. Make sure you can speak confidently about any experiences you've had in the workplace and in the classroom. Specific examples of how you've contributed to an organization or learned something exciting are of interest to us. We see potential in you, so be sure to sell yourself by promoting your skills and abilities.

Tip #6: Get clarification

If you don't understand a question, don't hesitate...ask us to repeat it. You have a better shot at giving your best answer if you know exactly what we're asking.

Tip #7: Follow up

It's good etiquette to thank interviewers for their time. Make sure you get a business card from the person or people that you meet with and send an e-mail to each one as soon as possible after the interview. This will also let us know that you liked what you heard and you want us to keep you in mind.

Seven tips for acing an interview

Do you want to make a big impression on your interview? Here are seven tips to help you to prepare and be at your best.

Did you find this useful?