Real Estate Consultant
Real Estate projects include assisting real estate sellers and buyers with the deal making process, preparing real estate valuations, providing strategic advice on real estate matters, and performing financial feasibility studies and due diligence for real estate projects.
As a member of the Real Estate team, you will assist managers in charge of advising clients in corporate finance and strategic matters along the entire value chain of real estate: search for a suitable location, search for a suitable land plot or building, follow up of the construction phase, and finally the sale or lease of the real estate. Depending on the specific mission, the team can intervene in a single step, multiple steps or even the entire real estate value chain.
As a Real Estate Analyst, you will:
• research the real estate market (office-, logistics-, residential market, recent transactions), the economic situation in Belgium, trends in rent evolution, interest rates,….
• join client meetings in order to extract relevant information;
• build Excel models to support and execute calculations: i.e.: Excel model for the valuation of a building, simulating cash-flows of a development scenario, simulating the financing cost of a real estate development;
• analyse the output of these calculations;
• assist with proposal development (data gathering, slide development, project qualifications, etc.);
• write client reports, prepare presentations (both for internal and external use as for instance periodic updates of the Belgium real estate market) and attend final meetings counterparts,…);
• assist with proposal development (data gathering, slide development, project qualifications, etc.).
As you become more senior, you will:
• be in charge of all the tasks you have been involved with so far;
• manage all aspects of certain assignments with all the involved stakeholders (i.e. client teams, data providers, etc.);
• coordinate projects;
• guide real estate analysts and interns in their tasks;
• be more involved in business development efforts and occasionally represent the Real Estate or GLS team at various networking events
- You demonstrate a strong affinity with Real Estate;
- You show profound analytical skills that enable you to crisply summarise complex cases in clear & simple terms;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and French;
- You are eager for strategic & transactional challenges and willing to get deep insights in the real estate world.
Your educational Background
You have a Master in financial, economic and/or business-related studies
Zaventem. However sometimes you will be working at the client.